Royal Caribbean Butchart Garden Shore Excursion Duration

LEMJMcC

Hi All,

We're booked on Quantum of the Seas for an Alaskan cruise next July.  Our last port before returning to Seattle is Victoria BC.  We've booked the Butchart Garden tour through the cruise line.  We are scheduled to dock at 5:00 PM with the tour starting at 5:45 PM; the information provided states 1 hour 45 minutes to tour the gardens.  If the tour bus leaves at 5:45 PM as scheduled, when would we return to the dock?  I'm asking because we wonder if we'd have a little time to traipse about Victoria a bit before having to board by 9:45 PM (ship leaves at 10:00 PM).

Thanks much!

2 hours ago, LEMJMcC said:

Hi All,

We're booked on Quantum of the Seas for an Alaskan cruise next July.  Our last port before returning to Seattle is Victoria BC.  We've booked the Butchart Garden tour through the cruise line.  We are scheduled to dock at 5:00 PM with the tour starting at 5:45 PM; the information provided states 1 hour 45 minutes to tour the gardens.  If the tour bus leaves at 5:45 PM as scheduled, when would we return to the dock?  I'm asking because we wonder if we'd have a little time to traipse about Victoria a bit before having to board by 9:45 PM (ship leaves at 10:00 PM).

Thanks much!

With the ever increasing Victoria traffic and construction, I would allow 45 mins from Ogden Point to the gardens. Departing Ogden Pt at 17:45, should put you at the gardens by 18:30. Allowing 15 mins for getting off the bus and to the entrance, should have you inside by 18:45.

With 1:45 in the gardens, you should be leaving about 20:30, so with 15 mins to get everyone back on the bus, you should depart the gardens about 20:45. Time back to Ogden Point should be 30 - 35 mins. Therefore, best guess ETA at Ogden Pt is 21:15 - 21:30, so no time to enjoy downtown.

• Thanks 1

Might want to add some time to the commute out and back.  There is MAJOR road work being done on the main highway going out towards the Gardens.  This will be ongoing for, we are told, about 2 years.

I get to go thru it everyday to go to work and back. 😞

K