Monte Carlo embarkation

Formerly known as Seabee

Onward sails at 6:00 PM. Would we be able to check in or at least drop bags prior to noon?  If so we would do that and then explore MC that afternoon. We are staying in Nice a few days so do have the option of visiting MC on the day before the sail date but it would be logistically easier to do so on the day of. Thanks. 

We embarked at Monaco in April . Dropped our bags which were tagged for cabins and we were then directed through the buildings to the ship. Check in was carried out in Cabaret Lounge.

We were not allowed off after this. 😢 so if you thinking of dropping bags and wandering you’ll need to buck the system, which may or may not be possible. The port area was not very pedestrian friendly where we checked in , we only saw taxis drop people off. 

19 hours ago, combine said:

We embarked at Monaco in April . Dropped our bags which were tagged for cabins and we were then directed through the buildings to the ship. Check in was carried out in Cabaret Lounge.

We were not allowed off after this. 😢 so if you thinking of dropping bags and wandering you’ll need to buck the system, which may or may not be possible. The port area was not very pedestrian friendly where we checked in , we only saw taxis drop people off. 

That’s disappointing to hear as we are embarking in Monaco on 6th July 24 and we were intending to have a walk around Monaco after lunch. We have embarked on previous Azamara cruises and been allowed off the ship to walk around the port of embarkation.

9 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

That’s disappointing to hear as we are embarking in Monaco on 6th July 24 and we were intending to have a walk around Monaco after lunch. We have embarked on previous Azamara cruises and been allowed off the ship to walk around the port of embarkation.

Very much depends on the port authorities I can name several where once you’re on you’re on. The position changes each year so I would leave it until around May 2024 and clarify directly with Azamara 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Very much depends on the port authorities I can name several where once you’re on you’re on. The position changes each year so I would leave it until around May 2024 and clarify directly with Azamara 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Thanks. Would be really disappointing if we couldn’t have a walk around Monaco. We did get chance to walk around the port of Nice after embarking. I note on my booking Pursuit doesn’t leave Monaco until 9.30pm and the cruise description says:

IMG_5816.png

Edited by HalifaxYorksCruiser

We joined an Azamara cruise from Monaco in April this year. We were allowed ashore as soon as we'd done the usual check-in procedures etc. That was when they were doing 'individual' lifeboat drills so it may have changed since then (not sure how lifeboat drill is being handles now).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, englishlee said:

We joined an Azamara cruise from Monaco in April this year. We were allowed ashore as soon as we'd done the usual check-in procedures etc. That was when they were doing 'individual' lifeboat drills so it may have changed since then (not sure how lifeboat drill is being handles now).

Thanks. I hope it’s the same next July