Strange question: Do you have to order in bars and venues?

Over the Clouds

I know it is a strange question as the norm is that you go in a bar and order.
However this is where I am coming from: 
The cruise is advertised that it comes with the entertainments included (apart of few exception). Looking at the Horizons magazines most of the events and live music are in the Brodie's, Club House, Crow's Nest, 710 Club, etc. As we already paid for the entertainment can we just go in, sit down, and enjoy the music or program without being compelled to order something? We have no drink package, as it makes no sense for us who drink water anyway.
I know that for the evening programs in the Limelight Club you have to have dinner there, but there are programs in that venue in the morning and afternoon as well. Are those events without an extra charge?

4 minutes ago, Over the Clouds said:

I know it is a strange question as the norm is that you go in a bar and order.
However this is where I am coming from: 
The cruise is advertised that it comes with the entertainments included (apart of few exception). Looking at the Horizons magazines most of the events and live music are in the Brodie's, Club House, Crow's Nest, 710 Club, etc. As we already paid for the entertainment can we just go in, sit down, and enjoy the music or program without being compelled to order something? We have no drink package, as it makes no sense for us who drink water anyway.
I know that for the evening programs in the Limelight Club you have to have dinner there, but there are programs in that venue in the morning and afternoon as well. Are those events without an extra charge?

You can take your own drink in, I often see people take a cuppa from the buffet or a take out costa as well as water.  Or you can sit there without.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Over the Clouds said:

Oh, that is a relief. I thought I will be told off. 🙂

No its not faceb0ok, we are usually a fairly helpful lot who recognise we were all new once, as long as you have a sense of humour you will be fine.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

No its not faceb0ok, we are usually a fairly helpful lot who recognise we were all new once, as long as you have a sense of humour you will be fine.

Except the dress code topic I guess. 😉 

3 minutes ago, Thejuggler said:

I don't know if its still the case but when we cruised the waiters would remove the drinks menu from the table whether you ordered or not so they knew your table had been 'visited'.

That is nice.

Edited by Over the Clouds

1 minute ago, Over the Clouds said:

When both pro and con side have strong feeling about their views. There are some juicy comments there.

That is life, used to be the same about tipping before P&O went tips in. Check out the American lines if you want juicy

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Thejuggler said:

I don't know if its still the case but when we cruised the waiters would remove the drinks menu from the table whether you ordered or not so they knew your table had been 'visited'.

Or they will just leave a drink coaster on the table so that you don't get pestered by other waiters.

• Like 3