Payment due immediately to upgrade to premier

Island wannabe

I have booked a cruise for Feb 2025 with the plus package.   Looking to upgrade to premier and when I went in to upgrade online it requires immediate payment for the upgrade.  I’m assuming if I phone Princess they will just add to and I won’t pay for it until final payment.   Anyone else experience this online ?  I was just trying to take care of this quickly by upgrading online but not at the cost of immediate payment.  

1 hour ago, Island wannabe said:

I have booked a cruise for Feb 2025 with the plus package.   Looking to upgrade to premier and when I went in to upgrade online it requires immediate payment for the upgrade.  I’m assuming if I phone Princess they will just add to and I won’t pay for it until final payment.   Anyone else experience this online ?  I was just trying to take care of this quickly by upgrading online but not at the cost of immediate payment.  

It takes 45 seconds onboard. There's tables all around the atrium on every level, or right via the app, 2 seconds..

Paid by onboard folio. If you have OBC, perfect.

If you buy in advance, remember that it affects your insurance costs also, if you have Princess insurance.. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

It takes 45 seconds onboard. There's tables all around the atrium on every level, or right via the app, 2 seconds..

Paid by onboard folio. If you have OBC, perfect.

If you buy in advance, remember that it affects your insurance costs also, if you have Princess insurance.. 

Yes. Upgrade on the ship. They don't run out 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Yes. Upgrade on the ship. They don't run out 

Actually it has been reported there is a cap on the number of packages sold and Princess will not allow upgrade on board if the ship has reached that limit. I think this is more likely to happen on shorter cruises where the ship knows it would not be able to accommodate the SD reservations. Also with the OP sailing not till Feb 2025, you have the risk of the rate going up by boarding day. 

There is a recent thread where poster said they were not allowed to upgrade on board, even waiving SD perk.

Ask if you can have fare upgraded now to lock in the package fare and pay at final payment.

1 minute ago, wallyj said:

Actually it has been reported there is a cap on the number of packages sold and Princess will not allow upgrade on board if the ship has reached that limit. I think this is more likely to happen on shorter cruises where the ship knows it would not be able to accommodate the SD reservations. Also with the OP sailing not till Feb 2025, you have the risk of the rate going up by boarding day. 

There is a recent thread where poster said they were not allowed to upgrade on board, even waiving SD perk.

Ask if you can have fare upgraded now to lock in the package fare and pay at final payment.

The price is always subject to change. Upgrading (or even purchasing the plus) in advance can increase the cost of your Princess insurance. 

All I know is I've been on 3 Princess cruises in the past month and they push the upgrade.

YMMV. What the winner don't know the gambler understands.

• Haha 1