TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23

TxTeach79

4 hours ago, blarko said:

Following along…..Better late than never. It’ll be like a B2B since @Saint Greg is hopping off and you’re hopping on. Can’t wait to see what shenanigans you get into. Enjoy!!!!!

Wait, St. Greg and Tx Teach are so close and are not going to meet! What a shame that a rendezvous was not arranged!

I so enjoy your cruise reports and am looking forward to this one. I saw some photos of your partner’s travels in S America and it looked fab. Is she with a tour group? I’d love the details as that trip looks amazing! I loved your summer report on Pride too. 

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Wait, St. Greg and Tx Teach are so close and are not going to meet! What a shame that a rendezvous was not arranged!

I so enjoy your cruise reports and am looking forward to this one. I saw some photos of your partner’s travels in S America and it looked fab. Is she with a tour group? I’d love the details as that trip looks amazing! I loved your summer report on Pride too. 

Enjoy your cruise!

thanks!! Yeah, she books those through EF!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

So they’re loading people into three different pens, closing the rope behind us, and then metering people in one pen at a time every so often. I just entered the third one, so I’ll probably be here a minute. We’ve just hit one hour outside. 

IMG_0136.thumb.jpeg.03df4b3d126d06a1e048fdeb33481c03.jpeg

IMG_0137.thumb.jpeg.403b016ff0e735f44bc4d2a2ea5066fb.jpeg

If you had been there at the start time, would you have been first in line and on the ship by now? We have never sailed from Galveston but on our last two cruises from FL (MSC from Port Canaveral and Celebrity from Miami), by arriving early, we never stopped walking from the time we checked in to walking in the ship.  This line is crazy. 

• Like 1

I know the buffet isn’t for everyone, but when I’m solo I dig the comfort and variety of it, and this seems like a good one. TONS of selection, it’s like nothing repeats. I just grabbed from the first station I passed for a quick bite, and I didn’t see half of it. Food was hot and tasty. Not really that crazy up here either 

IMG_0160.thumb.jpeg.b6f3b56301f96944939d5629a19ce1a1.jpeg

IMG_0161.thumb.jpeg.558caffaf86c95271ce3d21e1026e538.jpeg

silverware is already at the table, and there are servers going around handing out water, tea, and lemonade on request

IMG_0162.thumb.jpeg.99e7b8131506e53ed896883baf3a7f12.jpeg

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

thanks!! Yeah, she books those through EF!

The student tour group? My daughter did one of those in high school , but I thought they were just for student groups. 

Enjoy your trip!,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pcrum said:

The student tour group? My daughter did one of those in high school , but I thought they were just for student groups. 

Enjoy your trip!,

I did too! Apparently not! The average age on her current tour is mid 60’s!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1