TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23

TxTeach79

42 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

My tentative thoughts for today…. go float in the Retreat pool for a while, Alfredo’s for lunch, afternoon nap, party tonight. Champagne Waterfall at 6:30. There’s a production show, but I kinda wanna watch MNF at Mermaid’s Tail. 

Go with MNF. It should be a good game, and hopefully, the Chiefs can win.  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

If you followed along either or both of my Mardi Gras reviews, you may recall that while I LOVED the Serenity Deck up on 18, it was somehow built as a wind tunnel. Almost always windy. Well, Retreat is somehow WORSE. It’s gale force stuff. 

IMG_0407.thumb.jpeg.7b07145f56725f357b02abe8a4041c33.jpeg

the pool has waves. It’s not like this at the main pool at all. It’s so bad all the furniture is tied down. 

IMG_0408.thumb.jpeg.8e11d4f82a8a59268826b9926cf1df7f.jpeg

IMG_0409.thumb.jpeg.74c446750f26b9b45d7ed7da6be6309b.jpeg

Yep, the Retreat Pool design on Regal (and Royal) Princess is not great - sooo windy!  They originally planned to make it a late night party area but no one could stand being out there.  They fixed the wind issue on the Sky and Enchanted by surrounding that area with cabins and better wind shields.  Hopefully, later in the day, the ship will slow down enough to make the Retreat tolerable.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

If you followed along either or both of my Mardi Gras reviews, you may recall that while I LOVED the Serenity Deck up on 18, it was somehow built as a wind tunnel. Almost always windy. Well, Retreat is somehow WORSE. It’s gale force stuff. 

IMG_0407.thumb.jpeg.7b07145f56725f357b02abe8a4041c33.jpeg

the pool has waves. It’s not like this at the main pool at all. It’s so bad all the furniture is tied down. 

IMG_0408.thumb.jpeg.8e11d4f82a8a59268826b9926cf1df7f.jpeg

IMG_0409.thumb.jpeg.74c446750f26b9b45d7ed7da6be6309b.jpeg

Is the retreat a free adult area or is it paid access like the Sanctuary? Do they have Sanctuary on regal class and if yes have you found where it is yet? I am curious

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

So I called room service. The lady said they’ve tried to reach me - funny, because I don’t have a voice mail and MedallionNet is down - they are not stocked with Jim Beam? They don’t have the in room drinks I ordered months prior? She said they’d be refunding those charges and I could get Crown or Jack instead, but those cost more. I had four bottles of Beam (they’re small little bottles) and I just said gimme two bottles of Crown, I probably over ordered anyway. I realize Jim Beam is a hard to find exotic treat, but good grief guys…

@TxTeach79...holy cow you sure are receiving very DIFFERENT treatment than @Saint Greg received....just isn't right.......sigh....:-(

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

15 minutes ago, bethfelk said:

Is the retreat a free adult area or is it paid access like the Sanctuary? Do they have Sanctuary on regal class and if yes have you found where it is yet? I am curious

It's free.  Regal does have separate Sanctuary area.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, luvseaside said:

Yep, the Retreat Pool design on Regal (and Royal) Princess is not great - sooo windy!  They originally planned to make it a late night party area but no one could stand being out there.  They fixed the wind issue on the Sky and Enchanted by surrounding that area with cabins and better wind shields.  Hopefully, later in the day, the ship will slow down enough to make the Retreat tolerable.

I’m excited about parking it up there on Belize day

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, bethfelk said:

yep! Retreat is free! Sanctuary is literally right next to Retreat, you’ll see the big doors on either side of the bar

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Came back to my room around 6:45. I guess it’s been serviced? Bed looks kinda lumpy. My bourbon vouchers are gone but there’s no bourbon. There’s no ice - the one thing I asked for - either. 

IMG_0304.thumb.jpeg.76f35a3631a514bf2c3bb3c6f30790bd.jpeg

Is your stewards name Edy? 😁

• Haha 19