TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23

TxTeach79

So I’m in the far aft of the ship on 14. When I go up to 16 I’m right in between Outrigger and Horizon Court. To walk forward, you have to walk all the way through Horizon Court. It can be a bit annoying during peak times, but whatever, I get it, Lido buffets generally span the width of the ship. That’s nothing new. 

what really gets me, though, and I think @Saint Greg pointed this out on his Live, is that if I want to go up to 17 and go forward to the upper main pool deck or The Retreat, literally the only way I can do that is to walk THROUGH the gym. There’s no outer deck and the kids’ clubs are on the other half of the deck sealed off. Yesterday I walked through the packed gym, and let me tell you what, fat guy in a Hawaiian shirt carrying a mimosa gets some looks in the middle of a sweaty spandex frenzy. It’s weird as can be. Feels like a mistake. 

• Haha 35

@TxTeach79 I hear you. I avoid those busy decks when I go from aft to forward as much as I can. Here's my preferred/alternative route. 

From your cabin on deck 14, you can walk all the way forward on that deck to the forward or mid-ship stairs. By walking the full length of the ship on your deck (or deck15) that has only cabins, you will avoid all those crowds. Once you get to the forward stairs, head up to deck 17 and you will be right at the RETREAT pool.

Works for me! 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

So I’m in the far aft of the ship on 14. When I go up to 16 I’m right in between Outrigger and Horizon Court. To walk forward, you have to walk all the way through Horizon Court. It can be a bit annoying during peak times, but whatever, I get it, Lido buffets generally span the width of the ship. That’s nothing new. 

what really gets me, though, and I think @Saint Greg pointed this out on his Live, is that if I want to go up to 17 and go forward to the upper main pool deck or The Retreat, literally the only way I can do that is to walk THROUGH the gym. There’s no outer deck and the kids’ clubs are on the other half of the deck sealed off. Yesterday I walked through the packed gym, and let me tell you what, fat guy in a Hawaiian shirt carrying a mimosa gets some looks in the middle of a sweaty spandex frenzy. It’s weird as can be. Feels like a mistake. 

I resemble that remark as well. I guess that's a way to make sure only the cool kids make it to The Retreat. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

18 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@TxTeach79 I hear you. I avoid those busy decks when I go from aft to forward as much as I can. Here's my preferred/alternative route. 

From your cabin on deck 14, you can walk all the way forward on that deck to the forward or mid-ship stairs. By walking the full length of the ship on your deck (or deck15) that has only cabins, you will avoid all those crowds. Once you get to the forward stairs, head up to deck 17 and you will be right at the RETREAT pool.

Works for me! 

that’s what I’ve been doing except the one time I was just wandering on day one. Or sometimes I’ll go down and walk down 7 where the action is.