Explora 17 November - 6 December

uktog

13 minutes ago, joseph123 said:

Curious as to how you know the shade issue is being addressed? Are they adding more cabanas or awnings?

There is no shade at the astern pool because the original awnings were not wind proof (so much of the ship had been designed by hotel designers without regard to sea conditions) but we were advised an alternative removable umbrella system was being sourced that could be used.  

19 hours ago, joseph123 said:

Curious as to how you know the shade issue is being addressed? Are they adding more cabanas or awnings?

We were disappointed with the shade issue on MSC Seascape as well. It seemed that except for a few pergola’s, 90% of the Yacht Club’s sun deck was also unshaded. This needs to be addressed on both of these lines.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

We were disappointed with the shade issue on MSC Seascape as well. It seemed that except for a few pergola’s, 90% of the Yacht Club’s sun deck was also unshaded. This needs to be addressed on both of these lines.

We won't return to the Seaside Class ships as we generally felt that there was NO shade.

The layout of Deck 12 on Explora 1 generally meant that there were a fair amount of loungers available on wherever the "shady side" was.  It changed from port to starboard (or vice versa) as the sun moved. There is a fairly pronounced soot issue on either side of the smoke stack that the crew are finding particularly vexing - it did affect many of the chairs and complimentary cabanas.

Granted there weren't a lot of passengers on board but finding shade wasn't a problem.

Edited by Dr. Cocktail

46 minutes ago, PrivateIdaho said:

The influencer video has hit EJ Instagram account. So they were hired by the cruise line. Just like the girl in the red dress on our Iceland cruise. 

IMG_0708.png

Given their disruptive behaviour in Fils Rouge the last night putting the galley under pressure with all their petty requests which impacted everyone else’s experience I hope the cruise line is more selective in those they engage with. This was a group of almost 20 entitled people who thought they owned parts of the ship. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Corriegr said:

We did wonder why the service was so out of step in FL on the last night. We just thought we had ended up with a bad waiter with no bread no wine and wrong desserts. This actually makes more sense.

We ended up with no soufflés after 40 minutes had to give up. They had two large tables - they actually half way through wanted furniture moving to be one but the GM was called and good on her she said no needs prior arrangement. 
It was such a shame they spoiled some of the last night for so many 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2023 at 10:06 AM, uktog said:

There’s not been a fresh catch since Miami so that item is work in progress 

Weve got the influencer/ photographer’s today. Personally I’m very comfy in my pool seat and won’t be moving but I have to say the suit the male model is wearing looks ridiculous and certainly wouldn’t encourage me to book but I’m probably not their target 

IMG_2960.jpeg

It actually appears that they were filming the commercial!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2