How does Celebrity Xcel?

joelsmith101

CELEBRITY SHIPS..esp  the newest  E Class ships are well suited for an enjoyable cruise....indoors and out;  and nice spa experiences. . We also like the S Class ships. Not like the  huge crowded mega ships which we do not prefer!    Hope S and  M Class will be upgraded and well maintained!

THE EXPERIENCE.. modern upscale   but not stuffy.  Hope dining continues to improve..as to food quality and service. The shows on  E class are state of the art, , live music entertainment, and lectures  are varied and available.

STAFF and CREW...Doing ther best to insure guests have a pleasant experience.  More are needed in dining, bars and other services.  The  officers are friendly and appoachable.

THE PASSENGERS... well travelled, interesting, friendly  and polite

(mostly).  Not loud and shouty but not over the hill, yet!  Most adhere to dress suggestions..and good decorum.

• Like 1

- Although the ships arent ‘small’, the design of each Class is excellent in handling the numbers. Just not that crowded feel of comparable Lines.

- One announcement per day. Treat us as if we are Adults who can decide what we want to do each day and not press. 

- Each Class has its real draw:

—M Class has the indoor spa pool. Warm and lots of action and has steel pipes on the side you lay on and bubbles come up and ‘massage’.

—S Class is just a fantastic design. Open and modern feel. Overall an outstanding design and appeal for us.

—E Class is our favorite. 4 Main dining rooms; Eden lounge; great stern area to relax and watch the sea. And Yes, I know others disagree, but we Love the Infinity Veranda SRs. More open and makes the SR larger. 

—Love the island stations of the buffet area and the great choices. 

Along with what is said before: Outstanding service; and of course the very subjective opinions on dining - we find the choices to our liking. 

We’ve tried many of the other Lines and except for the RCL huge ships which we will Never go on again, all cruises were enjoyable, but Celebrity fits what we are looking for in cruising at this time. 

Cruise opinions are Very Very subjective. And it funny on how something we may think in relatively minor can be a real turnoff. Probably because there are so many choices.

And of course after cruising many times, we become more than a bit ‘jaded’ and opinionated. 

Den

Agree with all of the above--

If I may go off topic about " Kids on the ship ".

When the kids are well behaved it's kind of nice seeing them having a good time enjoying the cruise, as we all do.

On all of our Celebrity cruises I can't remember a time when kids were bothersome , at the pool , in the dining room and especially in a Specialty restaurant. 

I do remember many times when adults were.

About cuts and prices--- I don't compare what they "used " to include . I look at what's " now " included-- If the price is " reasonable ", the date , the accommodation is what we want, I book it.

LOL--- I leave " Who's the Captain on board " to other folks.