Fur coat and no knickers

jaxw17

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Amazing how many people spend hours on their balcony's ,the simple answer is that they 

actually enjoy time spent there ,not always to avoid the crowds . We have even done this

on port days and looking around plenty of other folk chose to do the same .

We have the option to have a wander around the ship or maybe a nice meal if and when we feel like moving .We have never booked them to avoid the crowds but admit it does help sometimes .

My parents like breakfast on their balconies in the morning

They are currently just started on a 21 night Canaries ish cruise on saga adventure

They are aged 80 and 78 

It their first saga cruise. They've previously done RCL,  Celebrity,  seven seas and Princess (lots of times Princess) 

They thought saga was just for "old people"

They've messaged to say so far despite a choppy first couple of days (from Portsmouth) that the service and food has been great and all going well so far

They were very surprised to feel like they were the oldest on the ship

Lot younger guests than they expected

Maybe saga need to work on the image they have that it's only for old people? 

My parents probably don't realise they are now old people themselves and have been for a while!

Lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Your Carnival cruise was presumably a fly cruise, only Azura does Med fly cruises, and these have 2 sea days per 7 day cruise, which is 4 on a 14 nt cruise,  as opposed to normally 7 on a 14 nt roundtrip Southampton med cruise on P&O, although this can be reduced to 4 or 5 on some Princess or RCI cruises.

Yes we got on and off (I think) in Barcelona. Definitely remember getting on there as we spent a night before In Barcelona. One of my favourite cities. I've been to many times. 

(I used to take clients to Barcelona and we would fly to Barcelona away games on the Barcelona team plane with Messi and co) great memories

Well there's an irony.  I've just had an email on drinks package discount!  Is this the standard offering or a Black Friday Deal - I've had one for that already telling me I'll get a fabulous offer tomorrow!!

Book your drinks package

C
hero_bro1.jpg

Limited availability per cruise

Dear Mrs X, did you know, you can add more reasons to say ‘cheers’ to your holiday with one of our drinks packages? And if you book now, you’ll get even better value than you do when booking on board.

For a fixed price per person, per day, our packages offer you a range of drinks to suit your taste. From Pepsi to refresh you by the pool and Costa Coffee to perk up your afternoons, to luscious wines that complement each meal and sundowners to toast the end of another amazing day, there’s a thirst quencher for every occasion.

BOOK NOW »
Edited by Megabear2

26 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Your Carnival cruise was presumably a fly cruise, only Azura does Med fly cruises, and these have 2 sea days per 7 day cruise, which is 4 on a 14 nt cruise,  as opposed to normally 7 on a 14 nt roundtrip Southampton med cruise on P&O, although this can be reduced to 4 or 5 on some Princess or RCI cruises.

Yes wasn't thinking. Arvia will be from Southampton of course. 

6 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Well there's an irony.  I've just had an email on drinks package discount!  Is this the standard offering or a Black Friday Deal - I've had one for that already telling me I'll get a fabulous offer tomorrow!!

Book your drinks package

C
hero_bro1.jpg

Dear Mrs X, did you know, you can add more reasons to say ‘cheers’ to your holiday with one of our drinks packages? And if you book now, you’ll get even better value than you do when booking on board.

For a fixed price per person, per day, our packages offer you a range of drinks to suit your taste. From Pepsi to refresh you by the pool and Costa Coffee to perk up your afternoons, to luscious wines that complement each meal and sundowners to toast the end of another amazing day, there’s a thirst quencher for every occasion.

BOOK NOW »

What's the premium drinks deal?

Does it include free WiFi??

Lol

4 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

What's the premium drinks deal?

Does it include free WiFi??

Lol

No idea but the "Limited availability per cruise" caught my eye which is why I asked if it's  a special deal or are they normally limited for sale and if so why? Perhaps someone who uses it might be able to clarify for me?

Re wifi I've already bought it yo take advantage of all my discounts and the 15% special offer.  Quite good value this time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

My parents like breakfast on their balconies in the morning

They are currently just started on a 21 night Canaries ish cruise on saga adventure

They are aged 80 and 78 

It their first saga cruise. They've previously done RCL,  Celebrity,  seven seas and Princess (lots of times Princess) 

They thought saga was just for "old people"

They've messaged to say so far despite a choppy first couple of days (from Portsmouth) that the service and food has been great and all going well so far

They were very surprised to feel like they were the oldest on the ship

Lot younger guests than they expected

Maybe saga need to work on the image they have that it's only for old people? 

My parents probably don't realise they are now old people themselves and have been for a while!

Lol

Excuse me. I’m 77 and hubbie is 79 and we are definitely not old people. Not so mobile perhaps but well up for cruising. For at least the next 10 years. 
When we were 30, 40 was old. So on and so on. Now we consider only people in their 90s to be old. On our Azura cruise in October there was a lady traveling alone who celebrated her 94th birthday on board. She was so sprightly and what’s more she was off to Egypt a couple of weeks after the cruise. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

No idea but the "Limited availability per cruise" caught my eye which is why I asked if it's  a special deal or are they normally limited for sale and if so why? Perhaps someone who uses it might be able to clarify for me?

Re wifi I've already bought it yo take advantage of all my discounts and the 15% special offer.  Quite good value this time.

I have the same email, I assume it is special because it is limited.  If you just go to the website and pre book a drinks package the discount is the same but it’s less special as it’s not a limited offer….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, crompton21 said:

I have the same email, I assume it is special because it is limited.  If you just go to the website and pre book a drinks package the discount is the same but it’s less special as it’s not a limited offer….

I followed the link and got £692.30pp for the deluxe, is that a discount? Once in my basket I then had my loyalty discount removed as well.  

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

I followed the link and got £692.30pp for the deluxe, is that a discount? Once in my basket I then had my loyalty discount removed as well.  

Why email it's limited of not, wouldn't that border on false advertising?

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

14x (54.95-10%) is £692.30.  So if you are going on a 14 night cruise yes it’s 10% discount, plus the loyalty discount on top to follow as you say.

I supposed that technically as the offer expires before departure date it could be deemed to be limited.  The email is certainly disingenuous but probably not quite false advertising.

I could buy a fur coat for that sort of money lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

When I just checked I got the impression there is an extra 10% off each package, however if you go o the web site everybody gets 10% off anyway so not really sure what it is all about. Probably a bit like the so called extra 10% off the cruise price for existing customers whereas it was only really 5% because everyone got 5% even if you never cruised before. There were some pretty juicy conversations back in the day about that one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, crompton21 said:

14x (54.95-10%) is £692.30.  So if you are going on a 14 night cruise yes it’s 10% discount, plus the loyalty discount on top to follow as you say.

I supposed that technically as the offer expires before departure date it could be deemed to be limited.  The email is certainly disingenuous but probably not quite false advertising.

I could buy a fur coat for that sort of money lol

Or some silk knickers ...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Book your drinks package

C
hero_bro1.jpg

BOOK NOW »

I have just received that email too. Not really thought about a drinks package, I suppose it depends on how much you think you might drink

Michelle

• Like 1

We had the drinks package email for our forthcoming 12 night Ventura cruise.

Firstly, only booked last week after noticing there had been a decrease in prices.

Secondly, sil sharing the cabin with us.

The package has to be booked for each person (no issues with that).  The cost of pre-booking the deluxe package and after taking into account the 10% loyalty discount for three, is close to or exceeds the total cost of our cruise.  And we booked a superior deluxe balcony on this occasion.

• Like 5

Had the same blanket e mail.

£1132.60 for 14 days. The issue is I like a drink or two / three but the better half isn't that bothered so wasted in that respect.

I'm hoping our £750 OBC will suffice.

Can someone advise when or if OBC appears on your P&O booking / account, it's on my TA booking.     

Edited by doog442
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

The paucity of daytime activities was very obvious on Azura even before a certain virus caused all the financial problems.  Over the course of a few years we noticed that a pretty full and busy list of things to keep us happy on sea days had been cut down to the point that it was actually boring.  You could guarantee an interesting speaker in the morning and another in the afternoon on most sea days, but that had gone.  The number of new film screenings on a decent screen also dropped.

We always had Kindles with us, but used them mainly while waiting for lectures to start. Then we ended up using them as a replacement for the lectures.  Pleasant enough, but I can do that in a hotel or at home at a fraction of the price, and that was one of the attractions of cruising.  I don't want to play bingo, I don't want to be sold iffy 'art' and I don't want to play fruit machines.  I want some interesting talks, and they're just not there now on P&O.  

Tell me about it. We cruised on Ventura in March, a 35 nighter. The only cruise I have been on where ten days before we arrived back at Southampton I wanted to get off. The food was poor, except Sindu, the entertainment pretty moderate except two tribute acts who were excellent and the only talks given was by one chap about photography virtually every day. I won't go into details, but so much was wrong about this cruise that I have my doubts I will ever return to P&O. When you have a once a year holiday now, we used to occasionally cruise twice a year, it makes it that more gawling that the one you have taken was so underwhelming. 

10 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Had the same blanket e mail.

£1132.60 for 14 days. The issue is I like a drink or two / three but the better half isn't that bothered so wasted in that respect.

I'm hoping our £750 OBC will suffice.

Can someone advise when or if OBC appears on your P&O account, it's on my TA booking.     

Is that for the deluxe package. We haven’t had the email and the best I can get is £1281 which is the 10% for booking in advance plus 7.5% loyalty discount. 

12 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

The paucity of daytime activities was very obvious on Azura even before a certain virus caused all the financial problems. 

Fess up folks; who else had to look up paucity?

No?

Just me, then! 🤔

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

Is that for the deluxe package. We haven’t had the email and the best I can get is £1281 which is the 10% for booking in advance plus 7.5% loyalty discount. 

That was the classic package, no loyalty discount. Deluxe for us is £1384. 

As I have just written on my report from Aurora Northern Lights cruise, the worth of the drinks package is dependent on what you want to drink. We have the deluxe package and as wine drinkers, three large glasses of wine a day (lunch x1 and evening meal x2) @ around £14 a glass means that you only need a couple of coffees or soft drinks in addition to make it worth buying. I realise that to some, 3 large glasses of wine (a whole bottle) in a single day seems excessive, and perhaps it is, but on a ship, where drinks are very easy to come by, whether alcohol, soft drinks including water, and coffee/tea, I suspect many people drink more than they would at home. This may be a bad thing, and the drinks package makes it easier to do, but it is a matter of personal choice. We chose to buy it and if it saves us money then great. I suspect it might but not very much. For others, especially beer drinkers and to a lesser degree spirits or cocktails, it probably wouldn’t because they are cheaper than wine. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Keep the reports coming. Feel like I'm on holiday again!!!

Have you got bookings for 710 club?

Glad to hear Mary Mac is back in limelight

We loved Mary Mac and also the meal in there 

Brilliant fillet steak 

Not been able to get into the 710 club at all for any of the slots. Have tried again today. Showing as all booked out for this evenings shows. I suppose we could do a walk up and check if any availability. But we are not fussed at all. 

The P&O my cruise app is working like a dream for us. We have had no issues with it at all in any shape or form and this is the first cruise since 2019. I have the internet package on my phone and changing to the app is easy. Only gripe I have is the cruise cards. I’m now onto the 3rd card and it’s only day 6. The ink just keeps rubbing off doing my best to pinch the sides when I need it.

Just remember you need to change your last digit on the my holiday login page app for the booking reference if you get a new card as well as the last digit will change.

We flew from Manchester on the 11th November with tui and had no entertainment on the outbound. Did this cause an issue for us. Absolutely No. The flight flew in. A few gripes from passengers wanted compensation, that is their prerogative. No complaint from

me, couldn’t have cared less to be honest.

All in all we are all having a great time. 6 of us in total. One couple on deck 5 mid ship on starboard side loves their cabin but would love to have got deck 8 the promanade deck as well as they are total people watchers lol. which we are on. We have no issue what so ever with this deck and I think it’s great as you are so near to everything as well. No issue with people walking past balcony at all. As they can’t see in unless well over 6 foot 5 inches I would say. Other couple the jury is still out for them as they are forward on port side. 

The ship is massive and i’m still getting lost. But always get there in the end. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3