Fur coat and no knickers

jaxw17

25 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Because the P and O forum is such a happy (and informative) place we don't mind if the odd thread goes astray, its a bit of fun when it happens.  We don't complain or get cross about it, we usually get back on track sooner or later!

Strange about the original poster though.  Disappeared completely.  Hope all is ok.

Hi

Not strange at all.why would the OP want to?

Have a look at the likes of post #9,,,and if the OP had come back I can guarantee a similar posts would have appeared.

And 7 posters though it was funny,,,not funny when you are on the receiving end.
No need.

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Absolute disgrace how this thread has been sidetracked,no doubt by those who didn’t want any criticism of their favourite cruise line to go on.

Its turning the thread into a Chat Room as opposed to a Forum.

For what it’s worth I totally agree with some of the OPs  points, my cruise on Iona in February was the worst in over 80 cruises on different lines,even worse than MSC.

Why was it the worst? I have to say my Iona cruise also had some issues which I expanded on at the time on CC.

add in - just read your thread above thanks.

Edited by Eglesbrech
Missed reply

12 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Damn a thread going off track it happens no need to be angry over it. Maybe someone can edit the title instead. Most people commenting have said stuff about P&O they have not liked.... 

Genuine question about chocolate that the OP brought up 

Do people really believe anybody would deliberately put chocolate into dryers?

Surely thats just an accident?

And no fault of Iona or anybody else. Just an accident that happens?

4 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Damn a thread going off track it happens no need to be angry over it. Maybe someone can edit the title instead. Most people commenting have said stuff about P&O they have not liked.... 

Hi

I am looking to book a cruise next April.

There is x3 choices,,,,,,Arvia,Ventura or Marella.

I want info on all three before I make a decision.

I read Iona/Arvia threads to convince me one way or another to try that class of ship again.Probably Iona is a once and done,,,but maybe the performance of Iona has improved and passed to Arvia.

I like Ventura and my Marella cruise last month was a good one.

So it’s not anger,,it’s about the information im losing due to peoples reluctance to post because we have post after post about chocolate.

1 minute ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Genuine question about chocolate that the OP brought up 

Do people really believe anybody would deliberately put chocolate into dryers?

Surely thats just an accident?

And no fault of Iona or anybody else. Just an accident that happens?

Who knows never known it to happen. Maybe some kids did it and well kids are kids they could of been brought up to be good but occasionally slip in standards. no one knows and no one else has reported about it. The OP knew the size of the ship and even if they went on a smaller ship and went to the same island they complained about they could still have over 10,000 people ashore.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Who knows never known it to happen. Maybe some kids did it and well kids are kids they could of been brought up to be good but occasionally slip in standards. no one knows and no one else has reported about it. The OP knew the size of the ship and even if they went on a smaller ship and went to the same island they complained about they could still have over 10,000 people ashore.

I think kids on cruise ships have better things to do than put chocolate in driers

In fact surely they just eat any chocolate they have?

Never even considered kids doing it

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

7 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

I am looking to book a cruise next April.

There is x3 choices,,,,,,Arvia,Ventura or Marella.

I want info on all three before I make a decision.

I read Iona/Arvia threads to convince me one way or another to try that class of ship again.Probably Iona is a once and done,,,but maybe the performance of Iona has improved and passed to Arvia.

I like Ventura and my Marella cruise last month was a good one.

So it’s not anger,,it’s about the information im losing due to peoples reluctance to post because we have post after post about chocolate.

OK but its one of them things it happens. Plenty other places to also look for information. 

I've done Arvia and iona

If Iona was your worst cruise of 80 that you've taken then I don't think you should be considering Arvia

Obviously the ships are almost identical and if anything Iona is calmer than Arvia and you didn't like Iona?

Atrium the same

Clubhouse the same

MDRs less on Arvia

Both use apps for queues

Both have waiters using iPad's for orders

Both only have limited counters open for late buffet

I didn't face any of your issues and loved both my cruises  but I clearly want different things to you on board  and never like to sit in atriums on any of the ships to worry about the atmosphere there

Just now, Interestedcruisefan said:

I think kids on cruise ships have better things to do than put chocolate in driers

In fact surely they just eat the chocolate?

You would think so.. To be honest on reading it again. Did the OP witness the Chocolate mishap herself or was it just talk from a few people just spreading rumours or did it actually happen.

To me I have read the post and well It would not put me off trying Iona besides it being too big, we have said Britannia we would like to try but not go any bigger, this may change. It seemed more like the waiter was trying to have a laugh and sense of humour got in the way of that. Cancelling chefs table I would just go with an open mind and try it for myself. People complain about the Beach House but the majority of reviews seem good but if you listened to people without actually trying it it maybe different for them. Everyone is different. People moan when kids end up in an adult only pool, people moan when they are in a pool they can use. You can't win. Its a holiday for them too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Because the P and O forum is such a happy (and informative) place we don't mind if the odd thread goes astray, its a bit of fun when it happens.  We don't complain or get cross about it, we usually get back on track sooner or later!

Strange about the original poster though.  Disappeared completely.  Hope all is ok.

The original poster liked a post about seats and sunbeds on page 8, apparently on Sunday evening.  I'd guess she read things and decided it wasn't a good place for her to be.

And then we have 4 pages of chocolate, so even if she decided to brave it she probably thought not much point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

To put the discussion back on track, P&O used to leave a chocolate on each pillow every evening.They don’t now.

So given the choice, what would be your favourite chocolate? Thornton’s, Hotel Chocolat, Leonidas (mine), Cadbury, Hershey’s?  😇

All of the above.

44 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

I've done Arvia and iona

If Iona was your worst cruise of 80 that you've taken then I don't think you should be considering Arvia

Obviously the ships are almost identical and if anything Iona is calmer than Arvia and you didn't like Iona?

Atrium the same

Clubhouse the same

MDRs less on Arvia

Both use apps for queues

Both have waiters using iPad's for orders

Both only have limited counters open for late buffet

I didn't face any of your issues and loved both my cruises  but I clearly want different things to you on board  and never like to sit in atriums on any of the ships to worry about the atmosphere there

{I didn't face any of your issues and loved both my cruises  but I clearly want different things to you on board  and never like to sit in atriums on any of the ships to worry about the atmosphere there}

Must be me,,my go to cruises the last few years as well as P&O is Celebrity ‘S’ class.

Most evenings revolve around the atrium,you can spend most of the night in any of the bars around it and be royally entertained…rock n roll parties,60s party,ABBA night,silent disco.and no waiters with iPads taking 20 orders then waiting until barman has made them all before bringing you your drink.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

55 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Not strange at all.why would the OP want to?

Have a look at the likes of post #9,,,and if the OP had come back I can guarantee a similar posts would have appeared.

And 7 posters though it was funny,,,not funny when you are on the receiving end.
No need.

TBF you were very unlucky to experience all the worst possible issues that seem to have occurred on Iona or Arvia, all on one cruise. I do agree that P&O don't seem to have enough venues for live music, and the Atrium is very dull, so maybe P&O could emulate Princess and use the Atrium routinely for their musical groups, hopefully it's acoustics would be a hundred times better than the Skydome.

Similarly the food and service in the MDRs could be much better, and some of the more recent reviews do suggest there are improvements. In addition P&O do seem to be addressing the queuing problems, or at least looking to how they can make the virtual queuing feature more suitable.

But, when you compare the pricing on P&O to most of its major competitors, then that has to be a major plus factor, and passengers cannot expect RCI, Princess or Celebrity standards at those prices.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

{I didn't face any of your issues and loved both my cruises  but I clearly want different things to you on board  and never like to sit in atriums on any of the ships to worry about the atmosphere there}

Must be me,,my go to cruises the last few years as well as P&O is Celebrity ‘S’ class.

Most evenings revolve around the atrium,you can spend most of the night in any of the bars around it and be royally entertained…rock n roll parties,60s party,ABBA night,silent disco.and no waiters with iPads taking 20 orders then waiting until barman has made them all before bringing you your drink.

Maybe others can confirm how atriums compare on arvia and iona in terms of atmosphere

But to me there were no visible differences. Slow service the one time I used them

Very busy. Very loud.

What you saw on Iona I'm sure will be replicated on arvia

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

TBF you were very unlucky to experience all the worst possible issues that seem to have occurred on Iona or Arvia, all on one cruise. I do agree that P&O don't seem to have enough venues for live music, and the Atrium is very dull, so maybe P&O could emulate Princess and use the Atrium routinely for their musical groups, hopefully it's acoustics would be a hundred times better than the Skydome.

Similarly the food and service in the MDRs could be much better, and some of the more recent reviews do suggest there are improvements. In addition P&O do seem to be addressing the queuing problems, or at least looking to how they can make the virtual queuing feature more suitable.

But, when you compare the pricing on P&O to most of its major competitors, then that has to be a major plus factor, and passengers cannot expect RCI, Princess or Celebrity standards at those prices.

Arvia and Iona won't start making any significant changes to where they entertain people above though

Atriums aren't going to change in any significant way

I don't mind a bit of banter, but was hoping for more in the way of information and advice. I am new to this forum and new to P&O. Have sailed RCI, Holland America, Princess and mainly Celebrity. So any detail I can pick up is useful to me. I like chocolate - but not enough to spend so much time reading about it. I have missed out three or four pages on this thread - not sure whether to go back to catch up? 

Concerning Atriums, I love Celebrity S Class ships and the best place in the atrium is the Martini bar - anything like that on P&O?

28 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

You do realise that once your order is put in the tablet it is instantly transmitted to the bar staff who then produce the drink? Much more efficient than the waiter trotting back and forwards to the bar. Swiping the card and giving it straight back is infinitely preferable to them disappearing with your card for minutes at a time.

Edited by FangedRose
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

You do realise that once your order is put in the tablet it is instantly transmitted to the bar staff who then produce the drink? Much more efficient than the waiter trotting back and forwards to the bar.

In the atrium the time I wanted a drink there I went and sat at the bar to order direct having seen quickly it would be a long wait sat in the normal seats waiting for drinks to be ordered let alone served

No doubt part of the reason I prefer other places on the ship with much more instant service

Edited by Interestedcruisefan