Big Group Dining on Crown Princess

SuzieQ521

Hello:

We are set to sail on our Thanksgiving cruise next week and have a family party of 15 people (including a young child and elderly folks).

I had tried to do a few dining reservations with the hope that we could at least sit next to each other, but most of those times are after 7 pm. which is too late for some of our group. 

From all I read, it would probably make the most sense to do 3 tables of 6 because even if a table of 15 was offered, it would take too long to have dinner (since the wait staff won't serve the next course until everyone in the party is finished) and would be easier on the wait staff also. If we are able to do 3 tables of 6 near each other, then we probably would just rotate seats every night.

My idea was to maybe touch base with the host/hostess during lunch on embarkation day (probably the Botticelli dining room) and see if they would help us out with 5 p.m. reservations--3 tables of 6, or at least an earlier time. Do you think this would work?

If we cannot be seated near each other every night, I was hoping at least for the Thanksgiving dinner.

Anyone have any experience with big group dining?

Thanks!

Edited by SuzieQ521

Just wanted to say you are wise to do 3 tables of 6. Much easier to handle and people can talk to each other. People can even switch tables each night if you want. Long tables just don't work out well (have sat at a table for 12). 

I agree - talk to a waiter at lunch the first day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm traveling on the Ruby on November 30th with a group of 15. I called Princess and they were super helpful to set up dining for all of us at three separate tables next to each other. That said, I received an email on Friday informing me that all of my reservations have been cancelled with no explanation why. When I called back I was told they could no longer accommodate my request and also could not tell me why they were cancelled.  So, I wish you much better luck!

12 hours ago, mattR said:

Can you set up a standing reservation for each night?   2 tables of six for the same time each night? Traveling with a group of 12.

They may very well be able to do so...but each table could be in opposite corners from each other. The only possibility of this working is to speak to the DR manager or someone at the restaurant.