Black Friday Deal

jaxdog315

Most everyone's Black Friday "deal" is out now. But if you have not tracked actual cruise fares these past few weeks you don't know if the current deal is a 'deal' or not. Cruise lines are amazing at flashing big numbers up on the screen to distract you do you don't notice whether the actual cruise fare has gone down or in some cases actually went up. We've seen it multiple times from various cruise lines where the 'special' goes from 20% off to 40% off but the actual cruise fare or the add-on package went up by $10 or so because they just raised the 'brochure rate' base fare. 

Happy shopping and happy cruising! 

• Thanks 1

The price I paid for a cruise booked a couple weeks ago is exactly the same price as what I see under the Black Friday deal. (For some cruise lines, the black Friday deal is only actually a deal for "last minute" cruises that still have significant openings or cruises farther out that don't seem to be selling well for some reason.) I've heard rumblings that with MSC, their end of year sale may actually be better than the black Friday sale. Just no guarantees. 

• Thanks 1

I was quoted $1018 for a guaranteed Oceanview for a 4 day Feb cruise by my ta.  When I called her today to give the go-ahead the price had jumped to $1258.

I’m hoping it goes back to 1018 for Black Friday. 
if this is true, then my first MSc experience has already left a bad taste. 

On 11/18/2023 at 3:06 PM, PatandStu said:

I was quoted $1018 for a guaranteed Oceanview for a 4 day Feb cruise by my ta.  When I called her today to give the go-ahead the price had jumped to $1258.

I’m hoping it goes back to 1018 for Black Friday. 
if this is true, then my first MSc experience has already left a bad taste. 

No cruise line is going to hold a price forever, especially if you didn't put down a deposit. Prices usually go up the longer you wait.

32 minutes ago, jmsnyc said:

Never booked MSC before .  Looking to book solo cabin for next month. 

They offer two fares, one with bare bones and the other with all the packages for a few hundred more?  Is it worth doing the upgrade?

Nobody can really answer that but yourself. Do you like to drink on a cruise? That's the biggest addition, and also the free wifi which saves somewhere around $15 or so a day.  So most drinks are about $10 each. The extra package being offered on sale came to about $40 a day for both of my cruises. Was well worth it for me. I always take a wifi package so the remainder of $25-$30 a day for drinks is a no brainer, it also includes specialty coffees.  I would go way over that if I was paying for each drink. It's up to you if it works for your situation.

The packages also included Fantastica level which enables you pick your room location versus having MSC pick it, and also free room delivery of continental breakfast in the morning if desired.

Edited by nferr
  • Like 1