Making "anytime" dinner reservations in the MDR<s>?

PaperSniper4

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I must be an outlier.  I don’t make reservations for ANYTHING.  I just show up to the restaurant I want to dine at, when I feel like it.  I RARELY wait more than 5 or 10 minutes, if that.  Mostly, I am seated immediately,  I thought that was the purpose of Freestyle?

You're not an outlier.  I do the exact same thing and I've never had a problem.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bonthewater said:

I went into the app and can't see the ability to make MDR reservations even though I am within 120 days.  When do the reservations for MDR open?

You should be able to click on the restaurant you want and the deal comes up to book. I just went to my NCL app and it is there. I booked all my reservations at one time. 2 dining package, 2 latitudes, 3 dining room.

20 minutes ago, cruisinmeme said:

You should be able to click on the restaurant you want and the deal comes up to book. I just went to my NCL app and it is there. I booked all my reservations at one time. 2 dining package, 2 latitudes, 3 dining room.

When is your sailing? This is what I see when I go in. 

IMG_4789.png

In my experience it's been all over the map.  Advance MDR reservations are just like NCL supplied (nice) luggage tags.  Some cruises I get them, others I don't.  Just grab them if you can.  As many others have suggested, it will likely make very little difference if you have MDR reservations or not.  I make them because, well, that's just the kind of brain I have.

• Like 2

Our reservations were always honored for the main dining rooms on my recent Getaway cruise. Once they didn't think we had a reservation they said 30 minutes until they realized we had the reservation. If you want to eat early and don't have reservation show up at the opening of your preferred restaurant and you will most likely be seated immediately. I think as the night goes on until about 7:30 they get backed up if you don't have a reservation which they will hold for 15 minutes only. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Escape this week out of Port Canaveral, Florida and had all our MDR and specialty dining booked ahead for dinner each night.  All went extremely smoothly with no wait.  Just a couple of minutes wait (< 5) when heading to MDRs for breakfast or lunch (no reservations). 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 12:10 AM, graphicguy said:

I must be an outlier.  I don’t make reservations for ANYTHING.  I just show up to the restaurant I want to dine at, when I feel like it.  I RARELY wait more than 5 or 10 minutes, if that.  Mostly, I am seated immediately,  I thought that was the purpose of Freestyle?

I’m the same here. One of the biggest reasons I love sailing with NCL is that I don’t have to make any reservations, I may make one for the last night at a speciality restaurant (Le Bistro/Cagneys) but the rest of the days, if I’m enjoying myself be it at the pool, observation lounge I don’t want to be tied to a schedule. I’ve not had to wait more than 10-15mins. I get a drink and then seated. 

Edited by DominicAUS
  • Like 1