Drink Packages

TheSyndicate

Hi

when I booked my cruise it included a drinks package, however there is another package that say it “includes the widest drink selection” it mentions top shelf liquor.  Has any one purchased this package and can tell me what I get versus the drink package that was included in the purchase price?

1 hour ago, TheSyndicate said:

Hi

when I booked my cruise it included a drinks package, however there is another package that say it “includes the widest drink selection” it mentions top shelf liquor.  Has any one purchased this package and can tell me what I get versus the drink package that was included in the purchase price?

The Premium Drink Package (Standard package) covers the first $15 of each drink. As many as you want. Paying extra for top shelf vodka over standard vodka is throwing away money. No need to upgrade. 

NOTE: the Plus package also includes Starbucks and bottled water. You would have to drink an ocean of water to break even with the price difference to upgrade to Plus. 

7 hours ago, TheSyndicate said:

Hi

The real payoff for the premium plus package is the inclusion of superior whiskeys and wines.  

• Like 1

I don't drink alcohol, but I upgraded because I drink sodas, juice, water, sparkling water, and Starbucks... lots and lots of water and Starbucks, lol.

So, for a lousy $138 I upgraded. I'm entirely certain that I would drink more than $138 of the above mentioned items in a week's time, so for me, at the very least, I'm breaking even, or close enough that it's a non-issue. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheSyndicate said:

Hi

From the NCL website:

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daruma said:

I don't drink alcohol, but I upgraded because I drink sodas, juice, water, sparkling water, and Starbucks... lots and lots of water and Starbucks, lol.

So, for a lousy $138 I upgraded. I'm entirely certain that I would drink more than $138 of the above mentioned items in a week's time, so for me, at the very least, I'm breaking even, or close enough that it's a non-issue. 

Isn’t it $138 pp per day? That’s a lot of coffee.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mjkacmom said:

Oh, yeah, you're right, I'd forgotten that. 

May have to revisit this... I booked about 6 months ago, for a 2025 cruise, and in my excitement grabbed a number of upgrades, lol.

5 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I'll have to think through now the best way to have enough to drink each day, (soda, water, juice, Starbucks).

Thanks.

22 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

The upgrade price for the premium plus package is much less than that.

Edit: It is actually $29 plus 20% per day.

A couple of bottles of water and a couple of coffees and you are nearly there. The increased choice of wine and spirits is certainly worth those few extra dollars for me.

Edited by KeithJenner

51 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

That sounds like about the price for Free at Sea plus, which includes extra meals, excursion discount and internet as well.

51 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

That sounds like about the price for Free at Sea plus, which includes extra meals, excursion discount and internet as well.

I was basing it on the invoice, it looks like the premium plus beverage package is in addition to the gratuities on the UBP.