Princess Cruises customer service is horrible

NEWPORT60

Am taking a 16 day cruise on the Crown Princess on December 22, 2023 out of San Francisco. Am flying in to San Francisco on December 20, 2023. Princess was charging me $329.00 for a transfer from the airport to the hotel om December 21, 2023. I told them to cancel the transfer, so the genius cancelled my pre-cruise hotel room. Called again, they said they couldn't put it back on. A total of 7 phone calls to customer service got me no where. Booked the room directly by myself.

Has anyone else had a problem with Princess customer service?

• Haha 1

The $329 sounds like the hotel AND transfer packages through Princess:

"Cruise Plus hotel packages offer numerous benefits when you book through Princess. A Princess representative meets you at the airport and pier, transporting you to and from your hotel. The package includes the cost of your hotel stay, transportation, baggage handling, and the services of a Princess Representative making for a seamless travel experience. Hotels are selected for their incredible locations and excellent service."

So they cancelled what you had booked.  I have also read that the charge is per person so it tends to be much more expensive than booking directly with the hotel & making your own transfer arrangements.  Hopefully that helps explain why your hotel reservation was cancelled.  

• Like 4

When you cancelled your transfer, it was attached to your hotel reservations.  I can see why the agent felt you meant to cancel it all.  You can't cancel just the transfer.

As mentioned above, a Princess Hotel includes:

Airport to Hotel transfer with agents available at the baggage claim area

Hotel stay/night

Shuttle from hotel to port/cruise terminal

It generally is a per person fee/double occupancy.  If your cost was $329 for the two of you, then that was quite a bargain.  Generally, it is more like $300 per person.  And San Francisco is a high rent place.  

• Like 4

Guest Michael4650

Transfers alone in SF cost about $35 per person each way. It sounds like you had a hotel package with transfer from hotel to ship included. I do not believe you can get a Princess hotel booking without the transfer 

18 hours ago, NEWPORT60 said:

Am taking a 16 day cruise on the Crown Princess on December 22, 2023 out of San Francisco. Am flying in to San Francisco on December 20, 2023. Princess was charging me $329.00 for a transfer from the airport to the hotel om December 21, 2023. I told them to cancel the transfer, so the genius cancelled my pre-cruise hotel room. Called again, they said they couldn't put it back on. A total of 7 phone calls to customer service got me no where. Booked the room directly by myself.

Has anyone else had a problem with Princess customer service?

The fact that you describe it as a "transfer from the airport to the hotel" is pretty much proof that what you actually had was a pre-cruise hotel package. Princess includes the transfers to/from the hotel. Princess does not provide "stand-alone" transfers to anywhere except straight to the ship. Your travel docs should have clearly stated that you had a hotel reservation along with transfers both ways. Sorry you misunderstood. 

• Like 2