Watch for world cruise

Shipperz

On 11/19/2023 at 3:09 PM, Shipperz said:

I’m considering a world cruise. I’m looking for a watch that counts steps and I can manually change the time. 

I have not found one, was also looking for a fitness watch I can also use in the water, have not found any. So happen to travel now with 2 watches, 1 for the water where I manually can adjust the time and my fit-bit, just have to remember to take the fit-bit off when going into the water - real pain. If anyone is aware of a watch fitting all my requirements I would love to hear about it.

My everyday watch is perfect for this, but it is most likely overkill for most anyone who is not a diver.  I wear the Garmin Descent Mk2i.  It's an awesome dive watch which has a form factor of a normal watch.  

That said, Garmin makes some pretty good GPS sports watches.  An example is the Venu 3.  You can pick one up for about $399 right now.  It is fully waterproof.  Has tons of fitness features.  The GPS feature is helpful as it can synch times to  where you are in the world.  While it can link to your phone, it is fully self-contained operationally.  It also has a form factor that makes it wearable as an any day watch.  It still might be overkill for you, but go the Garmin website and you'll see there are several other options under their sports and fitness watches.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Goosebear Mum said:

My Garmin has a manual mode. You just have to set the time synch to manual. I’d have thought all would have a manual setting. I set mine to manual on every cruise, as I keep to ‘ship time’, in case it differs from satellite/local time.  

I do the same with my watch.  It is nice to use the GPS synch (or the phone synch) option when we arrive to where we are flying overseas as I never am sure what the right time is.  I do love Garmin watches as they are fairly intuitive and have tons of features.

• Like 1