digital cameras that can edit

gottagoacruzn

The answer is a cellphone. There isn't really a market for a compact with editing options since cellphones have advanced so far as camera replacements. When I am not toting the mirrorless, I use my Pixel 8 Pro as my go-to compact camera. 105mm optical zoom to ultra-wide lens and powerful built-in editing. Apple and Samsung are options as well. 

Dave

Hey Crew News, what is hdr feature on a kodak fz151 digital camera? Got to messin around with the camera the other night, an now all the cruise pictures I took, are gone. But yet at the store on the machine, the pictures are bright as day, as with the computer here at home. What do I do? Help!!

10 hours ago, gottagoacruzn said:

So, I guess that one day there won't be anymore cameras, huh?

Dedicated cameras (especially those with lenses that can be changed) are not going away as they can offer things that are not really possible with mobile phones (most importantly using long telephoto lenses), but it looks like mobile phones have taken over pretty much whole market for inexpensive compact cameras.

And actually there has been few attempts for offering cameras with editing capabilities, generally this has been done by using Android OS in the camera, thus one could run any image editing software for Android on the camera. I think the newest attempt was Zeiss ZX1, but it is expensive and as it has fixed 35 mm lens it may not suit everyone's taste.

Also worth a mention that many newer cameras do include wireless connectivity (WiFi/Bluetooth) that allows you to easily transfer images to other devices (like mobile phones and tablets), where you could edit these (and share to social media and so on).

As a P.S. to my earlier post. I carried a compact camera everywhere since I went digital in late 2001 until early 2014 when I switched to a Nokia 929 Icon Windows phone. It had a camera module that produced very good images and eliminated a belt-mounted piece of equipment. After Microsoft decided the Windows Phone wasn't their best idea, I switched to a Pixel XL phone since Google made the camera module a major selling point (for good reason). Since then, I have stuck to the Pixel series and have upgraded only when they make a generational jump in the camera. I am currently using a pixel 8 Pro which is frankly amazing. It is no match for my mirrorless cameras in bottom-line image quality but as a go-anywhere option, it easily bests any compact I have ever owned. 

The best camera is the one you have with you when you want to take a picture and the picture you take is always better than the one you didn't.

Dave

On 11/19/2023 at 8:06 PM, gottagoacruzn said:

Hey Crew News, what is hdr feature on a kodak fz151 digital camera? Got to messin around with the camera the other night, an now all the cruise pictures I took, are gone. But yet at the store on the machine, the pictures are bright as day, as with the computer here at home. What do I do? Help!!

HDR is a camera setting where multiple photos are taken of the same subject and the camera MUST be held perfectly still, or use a tripod.  If you move the camera, your resulting image will be garbage.

If you have not formatted the card in your camera, the photos you have taken are still there even if you have "deleted' them.  There is Windows software (Easus Data Recovery) you can buy to recover the photo files from your camera (or any files that you have deleted from other devices). 

At the end of each days shooting, I copy my photos to both my laptop and a portable hard disk.  Only then do I delete the photos from my camera memory card (as previously stated above "deleting" does not remove them and they can still be recovered from the memory card).