Laundry Bag Questions

Bbrook44

I'm looking at the BF laundry bag options and I'm trying to decide between the Wash & Fold and Wash & Press.  I understand the everything in hot water/heat dry issue.  

I'm guessing for things like socks, underwear, t-shirts, casual shorts, etc. the Wash & Fold is fine.  For things like men's dress shirts, I'm guessing the Wash & Fold would result in extremely wrinkled dress shirts.  Is that correct and I'd really need Wash & Press for dress shirts?  If I do Wash & Press I can't imagine they actually press the socks and underwear too?  

1 hour ago, Bbrook44 said:

I'm looking at the BF laundry bag options and I'm trying to decide between the Wash & Fold and Wash & Press.  I understand the everything in hot water/heat dry issue.  

I'm guessing for things like socks, underwear, t-shirts, casual shorts, etc. the Wash & Fold is fine.  For things like men's dress shirts, I'm guessing the Wash & Fold would result in extremely wrinkled dress shirts.  Is that correct and I'd really need Wash & Press for dress shirts?  If I do Wash & Press I can't imagine they actually press the socks and underwear too?  

That would be my guess as well. If they press my socks and underwear it will be difficult to go back home where I highly doubt my laundry person will do that for me (considering my laundry person at home is me). I would only do the wash and press if you have a lot of dress clothes to do. You may do better to send those a La carte for pressing only if you are bringing them onboard clean

9 hours ago, Bbrook44 said:

We just write on the slip in big letters "Please return on hangers. Thank you" and the laundry comes back as good as pressed.

As they don't have to do it remember the "please" and "thank you" - to date 100% success.

Once washed if anything needs a special ironing we use our free coupons/elite benefit for those.

13 hours ago, Bbrook44 said:

like men's dress shirts, I'm guessing the Wash & Fold  

Personally, unless you have successfully done it before I wouldn't risk one of my dress shirts with their laundry.

As an experiment, while at home you might want to take an OLD shirt and wash it on hot and then through it into the dryer on hot and see if it survives.

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

We just write on the slip in big letters "Please return on hangers. Thank you" and the laundry comes back as good as pressed.

As they don't have to do it remember the "please" and "thank you" - to date 100% success.

Once washed if anything needs a special ironing we use our free coupons/elite benefit for those.

I have tried multiple times with ZERO success always came back folded inside a bag or two.  Have you had success with this since the restart?

8 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I have tried multiple times with ZERO success always came back folded inside a bag or two.  Have you had success with this since the restart?

Yes

Silhouette - 4 cruises since the restart.

Reflection TA - earlier this month.

Perhaps you need to write the please and thank you bigger and mention it to your cabin steward.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, the penguins said:

Yes

Silhouette - 4 cruises since the restart.

Reflection TA - earlier this month.

Perhaps you need to write the please and thank you bigger and mention it to your cabin steward.

Thanks, I always write please and thank you.  I've even spoken to the stateroom attendant who told me to write that on the slip.  Didn't come back on hangers

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks, I always write please and thank you.  I've even spoken to the stateroom attendant who told me to write that on the slip.  Didn't come back on hangers

Sorry, as I said they don't have to do it. Only other thought is when do you do the laundry?  We do it in smaller batches and do some early i.e. day 5 of a 14 night so perhaps that helps. 

29 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Sorry, as I said they don't have to do it. Only other thought is when do you do the laundry?  We do it in smaller batches and do some early i.e. day 5 of a 14 night so perhaps that helps. 

Usually do laundry by the midway point.  We personally aren't too concerned as we do get free pressing for two items and dry cleaning and pressing for a 3rd item