OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE NOV 2023

morpheusofthesea

nice bar stock.  I don’t think there would be a reason to leave the room with a setup like that.  

5 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

A quick panning of the living/dining area and why DW needs so many towels. The only problem with this cabin is the heat that these windows generates. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"See post #9 for hours and description of daily offerings."

Of course, MSC can (and may) change Top Sail snack policy seventeen times before we are next in YC. However, I do hope other snack categories are ready in the kitchen and butlers are cleared to bring them out, by individual request.

If not, our customary afternoon tea will very much fall short with only "Assorted nuts, chips & marinated olives." 

If such becomes standard operating procedure in YC, Cunard will have a ship in North America year-round, starting in '26. I'm quite sure they can do better than nuts, chips, and olives for their tea service.
😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, no1talks said:

With winter approaching, it's a good thing you live in Florida. Prosecco corks are notorious for their lousy traction in snow.

I hadn't noticed. But now that you mentioned it. There appears to be a 'pecking order' to who gets what bottle discards. On our cruise last month we had the head waiter as our waiter and he presented us with the race car with a 'real' Champagne discards, or Italian 'wheels' are premium.

If not, our customary afternoon tea will very much fall short with only "Assorted nuts, chips & marinated olives." 

We never made it to teatime as it would ruin our dinner at 6. It appears all the previous cut backs have been brought back, at least in the YC.

IMG_3230.jpeg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"We never made it to teatime as it would ruin our dinner at 6."

We skip lunch on port days, so we hasten back to the ship to freshen up for tea and suitable accompaniments. A few hours later, it is time to dress for dinner.

• Like 1

With winter approaching, it's a good thing you live in Florida. Prosecco corks are notorious for their lousy traction in snow.

But they probably do well on the beach…

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

Upon reflection our only problem we experienced on  the Seascape this cruise was it flew by too quickly. Still we can only handle one week at a time do to age. We 'bite the bullet' for Christmas/ New Years and I have to prepare myself for much whining by day 9 of a 14 day cruise. The whining rapidly increases into moaning and griping about eating too much. It finally crescendos into being my fault for her weight gain. Upon arriving home she makes a beeline to the bathroom scale to find just one extra pound. The question remains; Is it worth the persistent nagging ?     .....Yes !

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Upon reflection our only problem we experienced on  the Seascape this cruise was it flew by too quickly. Still we can only handle one week at a time do to age. We 'bite the bullet' for Christmas/ New Years and I have to prepare myself for much whining by day 9 of a 14 day cruise. The whining rapidly increases into moaning and griping about eating too much. It finally crescendos into being my fault for her weight gain. Upon arriving home she makes a beeline to the bathroom scale to find just one extra pound. The question remains; Is it worth the persistent nagging ?     .....Yes !

Hahaha. Isn't there a scale on the ship that could perhaps provide some insight into her weight gain status? I understand the readings won't be exactly the same. I've used a gym scale a couple times, just out of curiosity, lol. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Still we can only handle one week at a time do to age. We 'bite the bullet' for Christmas/ New Years and I have to prepare myself for much whining by day 9 of a 14 day cruise. 

Oh No! I'm sailing on a 25-day TA next Spring. It will be my longest cruise so far. I will definitely have to prepare myself for that long of a journey. 

• Like 1

General question for everyone. I was on Cruise Mapper trying to figure out how many other ships will be docking at our ports for my upcoming Seascape cruise. I could figure them all out except Puerto Plata, DR. I see Amber Cove listed. Seascape is included in that list. Five ships total that day. But, I thought Seascape would dock at Taino Bay. But, I did not see Taino Bay listed as an option for Puerto Plata. Can someone please assist. Maybe I'm mixing up the names of something. Or, does the site just not list the other port? 

Thanks 😊 

• Like 1

Just returned yesterday from a 27 day TA on Princess and found that I lost 1.5 lbs. This has absolutely nothing to do with any extraordinary willpower but speaks directly to the decline in the quality of their food. This both in terms of quality and selection. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Hahaha. Isn't there a scale on the ship that could perhaps provide some insight into her weight gain status? I understand the readings won't be exactly the same. I've used a gym scale a couple times, just out of curiosity, lol. 

Yes, in the gym. I like it because it’s in kilograms and I can fudge the 2.2 to 2.1 on my phone calculator for her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2023 at 10:54 AM, blueslily said:

Have you noticed if the Top 19 Sundeck for Aurea guests has been busy? And, do they monitor entry into that area as much as they do the Yacht Club areas? Booked Aurea for upcoming cruise. What have you noticed overall about that area. Thanks so much!

When I finally figured out how to get out to Top 19 from YC (Day 5 lol)....I noticed that it was  literally empty the remainder of the cruise. Even on our last Sea day...may be 10 people max. From the main cruise deck...has a glass door with a card reader which is accessible via your card or MSC wrist band. Not alot  of traffic on deck 19 which limits entry by others. To get into YC from Aurea  is a mini maze thru unmarked wood looking doors..so much different than Seaside where Aurea and YC sundecks were on same deck and accessible via a glass door reader. Pool deck in YC is on deck 20

Edited by lcpagejr

On 11/27/2023 at 9:28 AM, go.without.you said:

We had a HUGE cake similar to this on Seashore but I don't know what happened to it because I never saw pieces of it anywhere and it wasn't offered.

On Seascape...I mentioned the same to my wife...Saw several Thanksgiving cakes but never saw any cut and offered!