Paradise beach or Mr. Sanchos for family with kids

dinansm3

Hello, we are going to be in Cozumel Mid March 2024 on the NCL prima with our 3 kids 17, 6 and 1 and our moms 69 and 68. Not our first time in Cozumel but our first with all the kids. What beach club would fit us best?

thank you 

Both have fairly detailed websites outlining what is available although a lot is hidden on Sanchos, (try hovering over search box). Paradise Beach website has recently become somewhat more user friendly. 

Both offer similar activities at slightly different prices. Both now only offer guaranteed admission with an AI booking. PAYG only on space available but not sure how critical that is these days. Sanchos requires all members of party to purchase AI or PAYG to sit in same area and food and drink menus are different for each pass type, (AI more restrictive). Sanchos has several smaller pools according to pass type whereas Paradise has one large pool for everyone.

Water toys for both in deep water and may be too strenuous for 6 year old.

Neither has anything specific for toddler. 

Sanchos has a reputation of being more party like; Paradise has a reputation for better food and drink BUT these are both subjective.

Both are likely to be very busy, loud and fully booked if Spring Break week and will probably only take AI bookings. 

Edited by c-leg5

42 minutes ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

See the Review I just wrote about a day pass to the Allegro Resort. Having previously been to Paradise Beach before it went AI, we much preferred the Allegro this year. Already planning to go back on our next cruise. My kids are 18, 16, 14. 

Allegro is certainly a good option for the young children - good pool with splash area and climbing swing set if not too hot.  6 year old could go to kids club. Not really familiar with what is available for older teens other than pool, may be kayaks etc?

Just now, c-leg5 said:

Allegro is certainly a good option for the young children - good pool with splash area and climbing swing set if not too hot.  6 year old could go to kids club. Not really familiar with what is available for older teens other than pool, may be kayaks etc?

My kids were good with just pool and beach, but the staff was actively encouraging us to join volleyball, cornhole, some kind of other competition. They don't have the inflatables that PB has, and I didn't look for the kayaks/ non-motorized water sports but they listed as "included" on our day pass. 

7 minutes ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

My kids were good with just pool and beach, but the staff was actively encouraging us to join volleyball, cornhole, some kind of other competition. They don't have the inflatables that PB has, and I didn't look for the kayaks/ non-motorized water sports but they listed as "included" on our day pass. 

Thanks that was what i remembered - certainly Occidental sister hotel has the non-motorized available and more relaxing but Allegro better for little kids.

of course we went to both pre-Barcelo so I don’t know what changes have occurred. 

Edited by c-leg5