Same Dining room table on Beyond

lv2cruisgrl

We signed up for 6pm dinner for our cruise that we just got off of. We were assigned the same table #128 in Normandy for the duration of the cruise. We could choose any food items from any of the 4 menus.  We did this for 7 of our 9 nights. The other 2 we are at steakhouse and Eden. So you CAN request the same table!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

We signed up for 6pm dinner for our cruise that we just got off of. We were assigned the same table #128 in Normandy for the duration of the cruise. We could choose any food items from any of the 4 menus.  We did this for 7 of our 9 nights. The other 2 we are at steakhouse and Eden. So you CAN request the same table!

If you had a fixed dining time (meaning not Select) you would be assigned the same table.

When you have Select, you can request, but it's not a guarantee.

7 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

If you had a fixed dining time (meaning not Select) you would be assigned the same table.

When you have Select, you can request, but it's not a guarantee.

I have read repeatedly on this board that there is no longer any fixed seating on Edge-class ships and you simply show up to whichever restaurant you want whenever you want (and may have to wait depending on demand). Is this no longer true? 

We have fixed seating scheduled on Apex and Beyond and I like the idea of requesting the same table and especially being able to order from any of the four menus (I assume they share a galley so, why not?), but I'd also like to visit the other restaurants at least once during the cruise.

39 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I have read repeatedly on this board that there is no longer any fixed seating on Edge-class ships and you simply show up to whichever restaurant you want whenever you want (and may have to wait depending on demand). Is this no longer true? 

We have fixed seating scheduled on Apex and Beyond and I like the idea of requesting the same table and especially being able to order from any of the four menus (I assume they share a galley so, why not?), but I'd also like to visit the other restaurants at least once during the cruise.

We had table #128 assigned to us every night.  If we wanted to go to one of the other restaurants they said you can do that, you would just have to ask for a table.  We decided having the options of anything off any of the menus' and having the same waiters was great.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I found this on the Celebrity web site

Celebrity Select Dining Early and Late on Edge Series
We may have reinvented the main restaurant experience, but we haven’t changed the way you plan your dining in our main restaurants. You can choose Celebrity Select Early or Late seating for your dining times, which allows you to enjoy dinner at the same table with the same waiter every evening. You’ll be assigned one of the four main dining restaurants while having the option to dine in the other three upon request.

You’ll receive notice in your stateroom on embarkation day for confirmation of your restaurant, table number, and waiter.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

No true we just got off of Beyond and had the same table# to ourselves every night. 

Assigning tables and fixed dining times are separate things. 
of course you can ask for the same table to be reserved for you at the same time.

However, everyone can jus come as they like. On Apex we witnessed the usual long lines on embarkation day at the dining desk next to guest relations. All the people who weren’t happy with either the early or late seating they got. All received the same answer which was: Come whenever you want, dining times don’t apply on E class. So I can only relay what staff on board said and what I heard on board… not on CC or FB but from guest relations staff. 🤷🏻

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

I found this on the Celebrity web site

Celebrity Select Dining Early and Late on Edge Series
We may have reinvented the main restaurant experience, but we haven’t changed the way you plan your dining in our main restaurants. You can choose Celebrity Select Early or Late seating for your dining times, which allows you to enjoy dinner at the same table with the same waiter every evening. You’ll be assigned one of the four main dining restaurants while having the option to dine in the other three upon request.

You’ll receive notice in your stateroom on embarkation day for confirmation of your restaurant, table number, and waiter.

Yes, this was from when they started E class…. Then they stopped it  because people didn’t want to be assigned to one restaurant. But this has also been discussed for month and months…

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Yes, this was from when they started E class…. Then they stopped it  because people didn’t want to be assigned to one restaurant. But this has also been discussed for month and months…

Agreed.  If you arrive early and want a particular waiter or table, it is usually honored. When we arrive, they know where we ate the night before and will be asked if we want to dine there.   The restaurants are Anytime Dining and you come when you want to eat.