NCL/Alaska - deck seating

rnr4thatsme

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Bird reports the ... "GB experience starts around 7:30 with a ranger talk and continues until noon-ish (and it depends on which of the major glaciers the ship visits). "

Do you intend to occupy a table in the buffet during the  complete 'GB experience'?

Let me help you with the math.  I grab a table for a leisurely breakfast.  Place is clearing out by 8 because everybody wants to be on the bow or in the OL.  Closes from 9 - 11.  Lunch starts at 11 so we eat lunch at our table in the buffet.  I know you're sharper than this @RocketMan275, so you must just be screwing with us at this point.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

Does anyone find that Vibe or Spa adds to the viewing experience at all? I have a regular balcony room on the Encore. 

Vibe was awesome in July but again very very weather dependent. We added it at Guest Services after sailaway once we saw the forecast. Maybe 20 of us total up there during GB and I just moved around up there taking awesome pics and videos and didn't bump into anyone. 

The lido decks were PACKED. 

If you're a first timer (and maybe only timer) to Glacier Bay, then by all means make certain to see it all and maximize the experience.  I REALLY enjoy Glacier Bay days every time.  I get to just chill on the ship and enjoy the views.  I've cruised there six times (2 Pearl, 2 Encore, 2 Bliss) and they were all great.  That said, at this point I won't fight crowds unless I have to.  I'll find a calm place to sit and see what I can.  I don't want or need my own balcony to do this.  If I miss something this time, I'll catch it next time. 😎