Platinum member Wine Tasting and Behind the Scenes Tour

Scurrent

On 11/25/2023 at 5:21 PM, dexddd said:

Anything other than waiting in a line for something that could be automated like other reservations.

So what do you suggest we do having had lunch, tweaked our dining reservations and taken silly selfies kissing by the pool?

Edited by Catchum
typo

I just wanted to add, yes, go to the CruiseNext desk to sign up for wines of the world tasting, but be prepared for an extremely hard sell talk on the CN certs. I still had one remaining CN cert and didn’t want to buy any more at that time, and almost had to resort to being rude to the CN rep to finally get away.  Next time I’ll just walk away after saying “no thank you” even if they’re still speaking. 

As others have stated, go to the CruiseNext desk.  Get there early; they book up, especially the BTS tour, which was on waitlist by the time I thought of it.  Wine tasting was pretty good, though.

I'm now Sapphire, having been Platinum for several years prior.  The Concierge benefit was one of the things I most looked forward to.  Alas, it isn't a thing.  I expected a sheet in my room packet stating "Hi, I'm ____, your Platinum Concierge.  Call me if you need anything."  Nothing.  I was told that the CruiseNext personnel ARE the "concierge" but obviously, their primary concern is selling certs.  Perhaps they'd be more "concierge-y" if I made my requests while making a purchase 🙂

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 2

Yes, the hard sell is getting obnoxious.  Not to mention that they really do spin that “free OBC” line in such a way as to misrepresent the transaction.   Last cruise I was second in line and the CN rep was really pressuring the guy in front of me to purchase and said, “look, I’m going to pay for your spa treatment”.  Not exactly what is happening, which is clear if you read the CN posts here.  I wish they would stop all that mess and sell them online, the same way they do the CF cents (which BTW, the $500/250 is back).

• Like 2

On 11/27/2023 at 2:04 AM, jazzydiver said:

I just wanted to add, yes, go to the CruiseNext desk to sign up for wines of the world tasting, but be prepared for an extremely hard sell talk on the CN certs. I still had one remaining CN cert and didn’t want to buy any more at that time, and almost had to resort to being rude to the CN rep to finally get away.  Next time I’ll just walk away after saying “no thank you” even if they’re still speaking. 

Hmmm. 

We are Diamond and normally don’t get sold CN Certs on embarkation day. We sail 5-6 times a year. The only exception is if we know the CN manager and they wink and say “buy certs on the cruise”. 

42 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Hmmm. 

We are Diamond and normally don’t get sold CN Certs on embarkation day. We sail 5-6 times a year. The only exception is if we know the CN manager and they wink and say “buy certs on the cruise”. 

We have never been hard sold while at CN desk.  With the exception of the year they first came out.  Then it was a little fuzzy trying to separate the steak from the sizzle.  We did not buy them the first time because of the high pressure tactics.  

Nowadays we stop by CN desk some time middle of cruise and buy for upcoming cruise.  Have not experienced any shenanigans from them lately that I can recall.  

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

My favorite, cold calling room to sell CNs.

Yeh, that really irritates me.  I called and complained and the little snot said, 

“ well, if you don’t want the calls all you have to do is tell us”. Click.n. 👿👿👿.  CNs have become the time share of NCLs world.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

We have never been hard sold while at CN desk.  With the exception of the year they first came out.  Then it was a little fuzzy trying to separate the steak from the sizzle.  We did not buy them the first time because of the high pressure tactics.  

Only once was I subjected to pressure tactics.  Ironically, I was already buying 2 but he wanted me to max out.  I don't like keeping too many certs in my bank because I cruise once a year, sometimes not that much, so I don't want to chance any expiring.

Since that experience, I've bought CF when they have the $500/250 opportunities and skipped CN altogether.

• Like 2