Onboard Reservations Balance

redflag216

Short of contacting Princess directly, would anyone be able to tell me why I have an outstanding balance coded as onboard reservations balance? I added the Plus package after booking the cruise (months later). The total cruise fare amount jumped about $1400. I assumed that was the incorporation of the package, for two passengers. I have since made final payment, but a balance shows of just over $2000 under that heading, and it says for Plus beverage package + juice bar. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!

Don't forget that adding a package pre-cruise will affect your insurance balance (you *did* elect to have insurance,  didn't you?)

Insurance is a percentage value of the entire cruise fare, and you have "upped" that cruise fare.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

1 hour ago, redflag216 said:

Short of contacting Princess directly, would anyone be able to tell me why I have an outstanding balance coded as onboard reservations balance? I added the Plus package after booking the cruise (months later). The total cruise fare amount jumped about $1400. I assumed that was the incorporation of the package, for two passengers. I have since made final payment, but a balance shows of just over $2000 under that heading, and it says for Plus beverage package + juice bar. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!

Did you add just the drink package or did you add the Plus Fare Package?

Are you looking at the Travel Summary?  Under "Special Services" the Travel Summary will show an amount for "Plus Beverage Package + Juice Bar", "MedallionNet 1-device WiFi", "Fitness Classes (2 Classes)", "Premium Desserts (2 per day)", "DND - Free Medallion Shipping" and "Crew Appreciation Included".  The amounts shown beside these items is not what you are being charged for them, it is the amount that Princess claims they are worth.  If you have the Plus Fare Package, you will be charged $60 US per day.

If you look on the Travel Summary, under "All Charges for this Booking", what does the "Amount Due" show at the bottom.  If you made final payment the amount due should be $0.00.

Edited by Abercrombie2019

Sound funny.

Are you on a 10 cruise, 11 day?

Assuming you added the plus fare at $60/per day/per person a ten day cruise would cost an additional $1,200, 11 day would be $1,320, without any insurance which you indicated that you did not purchase from Princess. You should have received a new fare which was the original fare plus the upgrade amount. You indicated that you paid that full amount. If you used a T.A. ask the T.A. to investigate for you. If you booked directly then ask your Princess cruise planned. If you booked on line you are out of luck, you have to contact Princess directly.

I would get a copy of the Princess Booking Confirmation - Passenger Copy which should state under payment details "Booking is paid in full."

1 hour ago, redflag216 said:

Are you looking at the "Cruise Personalizer", under the "Payments" heading?  This is the only place that I see "Onboard Reservations Balance".  If it is showing an amount due here, then something was added to your cart and has not been paid for.

You can verify what you have booked by looking at the "Travel Summary" by clicking on the link in the banner at the top of the page in the "Cruise Personalizer".

17 minutes ago, skynight said:

Sound funny.

Are you on a 10 cruise, 11 day?

Assuming you added the plus fare at $60/per day/per person a ten day cruise would cost an additional $1,200, 11 day would be $1,320, without any insurance which you indicated that you did not purchase from Princess. You should have received a new fare which was the original fare plus the upgrade amount. You indicated that you paid that full amount. If you used a T.A. ask the T.A. to investigate for you. If you booked directly then ask your Princess cruise planned. If you booked on line you are out of luck, you have to contact Princess directly.

I would get a copy of the Princess Booking Confirmation - Passenger Copy which should state under payment details "Booking is paid in full."

Yes we are on a 10 night Panama Canal cruise. Received new fare after the Plus package was added in. That’s why I was under the assumption that the new fare had incorporated the package.