Dining Credit

Fouremco

We have a $50 USD Dining Credit from our TA that I had planned on using when making a reservation for an upcoming cruise. However, while I'm given the option to use some of my OBC, or credit card, there's no obvious way to use the dining credit. Given the current Black Friday 40% off sale, I'd obviously like to book now rather than waiting until we're aboard. Does anyone know an easy workaround? If I book now using OBC, will I possibly be able to have the dining credit applied retroactively at Guest Services in place of the OBC, or is that just wishful thinking?

The dining credit will be OBC in your account. OBC from a TA doesn't show up in your account until you're on board the ship which means you can't use it now. In my experience the "dining credit" OBC is just like any other OBC and you can use it for anything, so go ahead and use your existing OBC and it will be  replenished once onboard. .

• Thanks 1

When I made the booking and again upon final payment, my confirmation made no mention of the OBC, just the dining credit. However, when I decided to pay the gratuities and avoid the increase, the OBC appeared on the confirmation as well as on the RCI website, with no indication as to whether it was NR OBC from RCI or R OBC from the TA. In any event, I've made the dining reservation and could use the OBC, so I'll assume that it was a gift from RCI.

I got a dining "credit" from my TA last year that was an actual paper certificate. The value was theoretically $50 (from emails before my cruise about the promotion our booking qualified for) but when we got our packet in the mail from the TA, the dining certificate just said  "a lunch or dinner for two".

I had to book once I got on the ship. It might have been tougher if we wanted a dinner - but we just wanted an embarkation lunch (we enjoy going to the MDR for dinner) and we had first boarding, so I was able to easily make the reservation once I got on board. 

• Like 1