Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

Just under two miles. I'll do another mile after dinner.

Deck is full of people enjoying their final sea day while the DJ plays some tunes.

20231201_123258.thumb.jpg.070bda171140be7483bbddac767ccb59.jpg

Today is monthly weigh in so I'm heading to the sauna to shed some water weight before I step on the scale.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Good morning everyone. 

Today is the final day of the first leg of the cruise.

There is a walk a mile event today at noon which I've only seen on journeys cruises. I'm gonna make sure I make it to that.

Also didn't get any B2B information so if that does not show up soon I'll head to guest services. I've literally never linked my reservations ever and ots never been an issue but I guess there is a first for everything.

It’s almost St. Jude marathon time, so all the ships are hosting mile events to support St. Jude, Simon London, Mike Pack and the other team members running it. 🏃🏽🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏾‍♂️

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

It’s almost St. Jude marathon time, so all the ships are hosting mile events to support St. Jude, Simon London, Mike Pack and the other team members running it. 🏃🏽🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏾‍♂️

Interesting. I would love to see it added permanently I love the extra motivation. I wonder if they are trialing it, Fleet CD Donkey was watching from the side and taking photos. 

• Like 4

On 11/26/2023 at 5:03 PM, jam19872016 said:

I've had it before and this was not quite what I remember. Close, but something was off. 

Quite a few Carnival dishes are a bit off from how you would normally see that dish.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Interesting. I would love to see it added permanently I love the extra motivation. I wonder if they are trialing it, Fleet CD Donkey was watching from the side and taking photos. 

I wonder how turn out would be if it was permanent. When Simon trained for his first marathon… London (2020, canceled for Covid), he and I ran a 10k in San Juan. We promoted it on socials and around the ship and no one else showed up. I had just run two marathons and had to do a 10k on the ship to qualify for a yearly event goal. Not a lot of people like to stay active on vacation. 

• Like 9

BBQ was excellent. Rationing is still in enforce here though. It's OK I just needed a little as I was going upstairs for salad and dessert.

17014579938847180656278889736969.thumb.jpg.47649f2f31be3c2ae68c806e15f9a061.jpg

Lots of self control being exercised, only one piece of cake at the chocolate extravaganza. 

17014580298244712280893075827422.thumb.jpg.e62a9acd71e6372d88933627ca3bd1ea.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I wonder how turn out would be if it was permanent. When Simon trained for his first marathon… London (2020, canceled for Covid), he and I ran a 10k in San Juan. We promoted it on socials and around the ship and no one else showed up. I had just run two marathons and had to do a 10k on the ship to qualify for a yearly event goal. Not a lot of people like to stay active on vacation. 

Very true but a mile, on the ship, on a sea day, directly after and tied to a popular event would probably do better than a 10k off the ship. Surprised nobody else showed up though. Bums 😆

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Very true but a mile, on the ship, on a sea day, directly after and tied to a popular event would probably do better than a 10k off the ship. Surprised nobody else showed up though. Bums 😆

Well it was in San Juan… “hottest place on Earth”, right?! 😝

• Haha 5

It only took until the last night of the cruise, but the deck five promenade outside seating has been discovered.

My swing bench is occupied. Smoking section has a lot of comfy looking seats, but it is occupied for the first time and I don't want to smell that.

Found some loungers open on other side that are comfy and enjoying a mango daiquiri and listening tontjw soothing sounds of the ocean rolling past.

image.thumb.png.18a28eb57a345c0d99cd51f18562a485.png

20231201_172135.thumb.jpg.abf9b9e0fe76badef39051443a2167d6.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 9

Couldn't find $25 video poker. Highest I could find is $20. I could do $20 but then I have a random $5 left. I'm gonna throw it in something now, maybe a high limit slot. 

Then I need to collect my vifp goodies and stop in the Fun shops to see about stocking next week's mobile bar.

• Like 2

Found a $.50, ten play machine with a max bet of five credits per hand. Using my math skills I determined that would be the $25 I was looking for. 

First hand I won $37.50. Pushed it for one more since my win was bigger than my initial bet. Cashed out with $20.

Off to knock out the rest of my to do list.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I went ahead and bought Wifi for each leg last night. I have a lot of OBC the last two weeks so I contemplated buying the Chef's Table. It's up to $129!! Good lord, people have lost their minds! 

I don't mean Carnival.

It's actually sold out! Who are these people paying this much money. 

Steakhouse is listed at $49, and Cucina at $24. Onboard pricing is still $48/$18 so I will be checking that out tomorrow to see if onboard pricing goes up. Good chance it will since it will be the first cruise of a new month.

I won't fault Carnival for raising the prices, supply and demand. I just can't understand the demand part of it. People just keep willingly paying more and more.

I do question how many in the steakhouse are paying, I would imagine most are on a comp (that's the only time I go).

Cucina on the other hand has always been empty at night. Not many takers at $15, yet it keeps going up. In the $15-$18 range I always found value but I'm not sure I still do after my meal there the other night. At $24 I'm not sure I would try it again. 

I just purchased the Chef's Table for my January cruise and promptly thanked my cats for their generous Christmas present!

• Haha 4