Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

Yes, you are correct I do recall that now.

That is only offered on longer cruises  9+ days, and it's still not clear how you get an invite as the event is not published. Not even nessasarily on all the longer cruises, but that's the only time I've seen it done.

Still salty I didn't get an invite to that 😅

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chryso said:

That filet sounds great.

Doesn't a scale take up a lot of space?  Do you have a really small one?

It's very compact. Just a small square in the luggage. 

The filet is what I ordered. Trying to branch out the other items look good but it's hard to pass on the filet.

• Like 1

Did I miss it or have the chilled fruit soups disappeared from the menus?

I was so disappointed when HAL removed them (theirs were even better than on Carnival, imo), so was happy to see Carnival still had them last year when we were on Pride for a month.

I love those soups.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

I was so disappointed when HAL removed them (theirs were even better than on Carnival, imo), so was happy to see Carnival still had them last year when we were on Pride for a month.

I love those soups.

Cunard haven’t had chilled fruit soups since Covid. Maybe it is a corporation wide decision. Such a shame.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

I love those soups.

I think the only one still on the menu is the strawberry and chia seed soup which is different than the strawberry soup on the old menus. 

I've only seen one review of it and the reviewer said it was not good anymore with the chia seed in it.

• Thanks 1

Got in two miles, will need to do more later, took in some sauna, and now I am back in the room to attempt a nap.

Quest is tonight which I was not expecting or I would not have stayed out so late last night. I don't think I will be making it tonight but a nap will help the odds.

• Like 5

My swing bench is swinging on its own as the ship teeter totters through the swells we are experiencing. 

We are lucky having a head start to Cozumel leaving Miami, I just read about the huge storm Mardi Gras got caught in last night just a little bit behind us.

Going to go finish my walk now which I have zero motivation to complete but I will power through. 

• Like 6

88 keys is the concert version tonight due to the rocky weather we are experiencing. 

I had a feeling that would be the case when the fun times came out last night and the piano bar was open all night when he would be at the theater for the production show.

Glass half empty? They were not even going to attempt the show.

Glass half full? They knew from the weather report it would not be able to happen. 

I like the show but if it's just the singing, I think I'm gonna hold out for piano bar. Dinner pacing will make it difficult to catch the show, eat dinner, and be at the piano bar by 9. Not impossible, but difficult based on past performance. 

• Like 3

Buffet was less crowded today. MDR hasn't had terrible wait times either considering this is elegant night.

20231211_190225.thumb.jpg.b36f96742fe258f3737b9c22b8a7caf7.jpg

20231211_190240.thumb.jpg.2a416a8d915b1cb685fa8d4d1833844a.jpg

20231211_190242.thumb.jpg.6b2371d650e304cf397de9488df1a794.jpg

20231211_190246.thumb.jpg.bacadbd7d9998a12ccde3090744ff96d.jpg

Those rolls back there look really good.

20231211_190327.thumb.jpg.916292887932952aad06525cda3e40c5.jpg

Salmon on the buffet! Don't remember seeing that offering on Carnival in a long time. 

20231211_190354.thumb.jpg.4a2c55083dcbd63090e1a2341dfbb80c.jpg

• Like 3