Eggs

Hobar

10 hours ago, whirldcruzrs said:

I haven’t but it sounds very exciting. 

The point, of course, is that if someone watched them cook the eggs they would see that they were cooked in a nonstick skillet which is the near universal way eggs are cooked, in both the commercial and home setting.  So his hope that they wouldn't use nonstick pans on a cruise ship indicates a lack of familiarity with the real world.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

The point, of course, is that if someone watched them cook the eggs they would see that they were cooked in a nonstick skillet which is the near universal way eggs are cooked, in both the commercial and home setting.  So his hope that they wouldn't use nonstick pans on a cruise ship indicates a lack of familiarity with the real world.

Could be that Hobar is actually not familiar with cooking in the real world. 

• Haha 1

On 11/26/2023 at 10:27 AM, OlsSalt said:

Egg white frittata offered in both MDR and room service is very tasty, with small additions of vegetables and feta cheese.

Actually, it’s goat cheese not feta although feta would be great. I’m not a huge fan of just egg whites but this frittata is excellent and my usual breakfast order. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2023 at 7:00 PM, Hobar said:

For me, it is primarily taste.  I do not like heavy oil or butter that many people like.  Another advantage of spray is fewer calories, but that’s just me.  

With all the other calorie packed thing's I eat and drink on a cruise the few calories that cooking oils add are negligible to the overall daily total

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 6:58 PM, Hobar said:

I would hope they do not use nonstick pans as they are bad for the environment and bad for humans.  Just Google and you will see.  

Perhaps you should google the environmental impact of a cruise ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, cbr663 said:

Perhaps you should google the environmental impact of a cruise ship.

No need as I am well aware of the impact cruise ships have.  Interestingly, I was recently on an expedition ship in Antarctica on another cruise line and I asked the naturalists among our expedition team about the impact and their concerns.  They acknowledged that yes, even the most environmentally conscious lines have impact, including, for example, the fuel from the zodiacs. As we will all continue to sail, I nevertheless try to minimize the impact, as I think we all should.  That is one reason why that cruise line, and I understand others as well, have done away with small plastic bottles for bath gels and waters in favor of reusable larger containers.  We all should be mindful and do what we can, at least so long as we continue to sail and live on this planet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1