TA confirmation vs. Phone rep?

39august

My confirmation from TA shows Classic drinks. When I called twice to upgrade to Premium was told by phone rep that I already have Premium.  This is a cruise which I downgraded from Sky Suite to concierge balcony on Reflection.  That was cancelled by Celebrity and we were moved to  Beyond. That switch seems to have caused a few problems. Should I call again?

If you are booked through a TA, have your TA (travel agent) do it.  Then get the invoice from the TA showing you have the Premium package.   Unless your TA above means Trans Atlantic.  If it is the latter, then ask the representative to send you a confirmation invoice via email. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 2

I just checked on the Celebrity site and my cruises show Premium Wifi and Premium drinks on line. So I would guess that is accurate. I don't want to question my TA as that might get him confused and he might change something I don't want changed. So I will call Tues. and have an invoice sent from Celebrity showing the Premium packages. And I will keep that with my boarding passes.

27 minutes ago, 39august said:

I just checked on the Celebrity site and my cruises show Premium Wifi and Premium drinks on line. So I would guess that is accurate. I don't want to question my TA as that might get him confused and he might change something I don't want changed. So I will call Tues. and have an invoice sent from Celebrity showing the Premium packages. And I will keep that with my boarding passes.

Will Celebrity send you a copy of the invoice if you've booked with at TA? Not sure ... someone here will surely know.

I would call the Travel Agent and ask them to send you the invoice. If they ask why, make up some innocuous answer. Hopefully that won't confuse your TA!

2 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

Will Celebrity send you a copy of the invoice if you've booked with at TA? Not sure ... someone here will surely know.

I would call the Travel Agent and ask them to send you the invoice. If they ask why, make up some innocuous answer. Hopefully that won't confuse your TA!

They won't if booked with a TA. The TA should have sent an invoice. My TA always sends the cruise line confirmation. And I get another one after final payment. They don't have to make up anything. Just ask for it. It is not an unusual or unreasonable request.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2