First timer with kids

AWhip06

Greetings! This is not my first cruise, but first time taking one with all three kids (2, 4, and 11 at cruise time) I REALLY don’t want to take our car seats. If I plan correctly we won’t need them if we take the transfer from the airport to the cruise port and back. I know we don’t need them in Michigan if traveling by charter bus……so my question is “Are the Carnival transfers made by charter bus?” I just want to make sure I’m planning correctly 

every port I've sailed from they have been charter buses like Coach USA or others.  Post your embarkation port and people will be able to give you the exact answer to your question.  Transportation at ports could be a totally different subject if you are planning to get further than walking distance from the ship.

Ooh the convenience vs cost factor. We chose cost when they were littler and opted for a car rental so we brought the car seats. This was at PC not Miami tho. What I can say is the familiarity of the car seat really helps for a 2yo flying up to and including the cup holders if you can strap it into the airline seat. I understand not wanting extra things to lug but I also think it's worth considering how the younger child will do on the airplane ride.