Royal Suite Specialty Dining Question

tjunmin

For Royal Suites, it is stated that guests receive "Unlimited lunch and dinner in all specialty restaurants".

1. My assumption is that the entire menu at Sushi-On-Five is included; if my assumption is incorrect, what is not covered?

2. At Tuscan Grille, are the surcharges for the items in "Something Special" applicable, or are they waived?

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

1 hour ago, tjunmin said:

For Royal Suites, it is stated that guests receive "Unlimited lunch and dinner in all specialty restaurants".

1. My assumption is that the entire menu at Sushi-On-Five is included; if my assumption is incorrect, what is not covered?

2. At Tuscan Grille, are the surcharges for the items in "Something Special" applicable, or are they waived?

Yes.   Sushi-On-Five is included and even though it is al la Carte you order what you wish and it is covered. 

Tuscan Grill -- Don't know -  I've never even been able to heat the regular portion size.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tjunmin said:

All Sushi on five is included. In our experience the surcharge items in Tuscan are not. Other things not included are special events like ‘dine with an officer’ and the Indian meal sometimes offered in Sushi. However we were not charged extra for the ‘sea food tower’ in the Porch…

You may get different answers from different people. For example someone on our last Silhouette cruise said they were not charged for the better steaks in Tuscan but were for the seafood tower…

My advice is to ask as you board (concierge or Luminae M’D) and go from there…Different ships seem to have different policies…

Edited by chemmo
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

I agree with @chemmo. We've been charged for the extras (upgraded steaks, etc) on some ships and not others. I usually have a lot of OBC to burn through so it's not a big deal, but in typical Celebrity fashion, including the upgrades is inconsistent. 

Yes, it isn’t the cost that annoys it is the knowing what you should/should not be charged for. I hate having to get into those sort of discussions with wait staff.

I can clearly remember some years ago getting a bill for our adult son dining with us in Sushi. The waiter was insistent that the included speciality dining was for guests one and two only in RS and that guest three had to pay…I guess staff training comes into play too.

• Thanks 2

On a recent cruise, the server in the Gelato bar was new and was not aware that the upper suites had unlimited Gelato. One would have thought that was one of the key elements her supervisor would have told her when she started. A quick trip to the retreat host solved the issue, but it's the small things you shouldn't have to raise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dcbiker97 said:

On a recent cruise, the server in the Gelato bar was new and was not aware that the upper suites had unlimited Gelato. One would have thought that was one of the key elements her supervisor would have told her when she started. A quick trip to the retreat host solved the issue, but it's the small things you shouldn't have to raise. 

This has happened to be the clear majority of times (which is a lot, 'cause I love me some gelato).  For the life of me I cannot fathom WHY it happens, but I'd say well over 50% of the time they try to charge me--despite having my keycard and seeing my room number.  Such an easy fix if they ever wanted to do it.  Agreed, very minor...but frustrations accumulate over time across multiple cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In October we were in RS.  Everything at Sushi on 5 was included.  In Tuscan, my husband wanted an upgraded steak and he was charged for it.  One night in Luminae there was nothing I was interested in eating.  The waiter suggested the Lobster(upcharge)  from MDR and said for RS there is no charge.  Also, you get free, unlimited Gelato!  

• Thanks 1

Is there a difference between Sushi on 5 and Raw on 5 as far as whether or not it's all included? It was still Silk Harvest the last time we had an upper suite and a non Edge Class ship. We'll be on Beyond in a couple weeks in an Edge Villa and below is what the shoreside concierge answered when I asked a similar question as the original poster. I also wasn't sure whether to take "fully complimentary" to mean the extra cost items are included at the specialty restaurant.

"In regards your Specialty complimentary dining, Eden, Le Voyage, Le Petit Chef, Fine Cut Steakhouse and Rooftop Garden are fully complimentary; along with Luminae, Blu, the four Main Dining rooms and all the other complimentary venues like Oceanview Cafe, etc. For Raw on 5, since it is a la carte, your get a $35 per person allowance; anything additional will be charged to guest account. Events such as Chef's Table and Magic Carpet and a la carte menus found in Craft Social, these are not included in your complimentary dining."