Does anyone have any recent daily programs from Westerdam they can post here? Any info on this ship is welcome. Thanks.

gam888

We are considering sailing on Westerdam next March to Japan. We have only sailed on Holland America once and that was about 10 years ago. We would like to do some ballroom dancing if possible. I am aware of the fact that Westerdam is a small older ship. It seems like the only lounge with a wood dance floor is the Rolling Stones Lounge. We are wondering if they are limited to playing just Rock and Roll music, or would they ever vary the genre of music they play. Some cruise lines we have been sailing with, would offer a pre-recorded ballroom music hour in a lounge, for people who  enjoy ballroom dancing. Does the Westerdam offer that? Is there a DJ who plays various types of music in another lounge? Does anyone have any recent daily programs they can post here so I can get an idea what kind of entertainment they offer. How many production shows you would expect on a 14 day sailing? What other guest entertainers are there? How is the food and service. I have heard Holland America is catered to an older age group, we are in our 60's, are we about average for their demographic or are we still on the "younger" side. Any info on the ship is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

There is a live band that does dance music except the group that usually plays in the Ocean Bar a couple sets in the early evening.  It hasn't been what I call "ballroom dancing" but many folks dance there.  Rolling Stones band plays music that people dance to but it's more modern rock, pop, etc.  You can still dance!  Sometime some ships have a DJ play ballroom type music for an hour or so.  I don't know specifically for the Westerdam though.  

Many of your questions will be answered if you check out this "Live From" thread.....

Have a great trip!!

~Nancy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that Lincoln Center Live is gone, what kind of classical music is onboard?

I was recently on the Rotterdam and there was none. I was told it is ship-specific and I will be embarking Westerdam next month. Curious if I have something to look forward to...