TRANSPORT IN BARCELONA (taxi, metro, bus, etc... to the city, port and airport). All information and questions!!

alserrod

22 hours ago, alserrod said:

Anyone recently taken a taxi from BCN airport to the hotels ( H10 Madison )  and from hotels to cruise port ? Debating between booking private transfer or just taking a cab. Any idea of costs would be much appreciated also! 

Taxi: 

Airport - Hotel, 25-28 euro (depending on traffic)

Hotel - Port 15-18 euro (depending on traffic)

Always considering weekdays before 20:00, about 3-5 euro more on weekends

ALL supplements INCLUDED

Thank you for all of the great information. We will be in Barcelona in August for our cruise and staying at a hotel on Las Ramblas for 2 days. Where exactly do the taxis leave you at the port? Is it a long walk to the pier and embarkation?  We have been to Barcelona but that was many years ago and really don't remember how we did it.

1 hour ago, HMSDingy said:

Thank you for all of the great information. We will be in Barcelona in August for our cruise and staying at a hotel on Las Ramblas for 2 days. Where exactly do the taxis leave you at the port? Is it a long walk to the pier and embarkation?  We have been to Barcelona but that was many years ago and really don't remember how we did it.

Hi

I am not sure if I have understood your question.

In Barcelona (in all Spain) you can ask taxi driver to stop and get off in any corner providing it is not forbidden to stop there.

Nevertheles if you go to the port, do not worry, taxi driver will know where to stop for you. 

There are five terminals in Barcelona. It is not easy to know where your ship will be parked but do not worry because they are lined. Coming from the city you arrive to the Terminal A, later B, later C.... so as soon as you arrive to the port you will see your ship.

Regarding Las Ramblas, if your hotel is in the street near Plaza Cataluña, faster and cheaper way to go from the airport is by suburban, not by taxi. A direct train from Airport to Plaza Cataluña with few stops and no transfer

Ir your hotel is near the port (Plaza Colon) you can go to take T3 bus to the Terminal. It just costs 3 euro per person (instead of a taxi)

If you need more information about Barcelona I have written here something (they start with "One day in Barcelona")

41 minutes ago, alserrod said:

Hi

I am not sure if I have understood your question.

In Barcelona (in all Spain) you can ask taxi driver to stop and get off in any corner providing it is not forbidden to stop there.

Nevertheles if you go to the port, do not worry, taxi driver will know where to stop for you. 

There are five terminals in Barcelona. It is not easy to know where your ship will be parked but do not worry because they are lined. Coming from the city you arrive to the Terminal A, later B, later C.... so as soon as you arrive to the port you will see your ship.

Regarding Las Ramblas, if your hotel is in the street near Plaza Cataluña, faster and cheaper way to go from the airport is by suburban, not by taxi. A direct train from Airport to Plaza Cataluña with few stops and no transfer

Ir your hotel is near the port (Plaza Colon) you can go to take T3 bus to the Terminal. It just costs 3 euro per person (instead of a taxi)

If you need more information about Barcelona I have written here something (they start with "One day in Barcelona")

Sorry. if i may have confused you but what I meant was how far will the taxi driver drop us off from the pier. I know that for some ports, drivers can't go past the entrance to the port.

7 hours ago, HMSDingy said:

Sorry. if i may have confused you but what I meant was how far will the taxi driver drop us off from the pier. I know that for some ports, drivers can't go past the entrance to the port.

There's no problem in that way. Taxi will drive you just in front of terminal

All Barcelona municipality area as well as other boundary towns are under "low emissions zone" which means restrictions to the more pollutants cars.

Today, in 2024, these resctrictions apply:

- Monday to Friday, 7:00 a 20:00. It doesn't apply after these hours or on weekends.
- ALL Barcelona territory except B-10 and B-20 in transit
- as a rule all cars manufactured before year 2006

In case of Spanish car, they must be labeled in the Front windshield (environment label)

In case of foreing car, you must book the car in the Barcelona town Hall website.

Fines are up to 200 euro in case of no label or no registering even if that car fits under restrictions.

For registering foreing cars, you can go here (English version)

https://zberegistre.ambmobilitat.cat/en/AutoritzacionsDiaries

1 hour ago, tauntoncheer said:

What is the best way and cost to get from the Barcelona airport to the Via Sants Hotel? Thank you

==> Commuter train (suburban).

Line R2 starts on airport, crosses Barcelona and keeps on to northern towns. In just 3 stops and 20 minutes you will be in Sants station.

It is impossible to have a mistake. Airport station is a terminus. There's only one way for all trains.

Loudspeakers for these trains are in English too. There's enough space for baggage

Only available if you arrive to Terminal 2 of Barcelona airport (if you arrive to Terminal 1 you may get a free shuttle bus to this station or another type of transport)

It runs every 30 minutes departing airport on time at XX:08 and XX:38

It costs 4,90 euro/ticket. You can buy in machines

==> Metro (underground)

Line 9 arrive to the airport and it is terminus. Take it for 31 minutes to "Zona universitaria" station. Then line 3 to Sants Estacio for 8 minutes

(according to metro web it is the best option)

Underground will pass frequently and will cost 5,50 euro/ticket

It has a station in Terminal 1 (terminus) and Terminal 2

(if you are in Terminal 2 I would take commuter train. Both stations and platforms are one in front of the other)

==> Taxi.

About 30 euro on weekdays, 35 on weekend

I see I can set up Uber from home for pickup at the end of the cruise & transport to a hotel in Las Ramblas - any issues with using Uber in Barcelona?

thanks,

Charlene

7 hours ago, gmachar said:

I see I can set up Uber from home for pickup at the end of the cruise & transport to a hotel in Las Ramblas - any issues with using Uber in Barcelona?

thanks,

Charlene

Yes, you can ask for an Uber but.......

Uber has a small business in Barcelona. Obviously you can book an Uber and all will go fine or... it cannot.

There's another company called "Cabify". It runs such Uber (same cars and drivers, booking from the app and so on) and it has many many many more cars than Uber.

People usually try to have both app, compare prices and times to be picked up and choosing. Never only Uber because lack of cars.

Obviously you can book but with the risk of paying too much or waiting too much (according with other options) for the same trip.

If I were you.... grab a taxi. They are everywhere. The options driver would speak English are quite high due to number of inmigrants who are taxi drivers.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, kapear said:

What are our best options from the  Barcelona airport to the Hotel HCC Taber?  We are arrving close to midnight and want something as simple as possible. 

Taxi.

Never mind if you arrive to Terminal 1 or Terminal 2 of Barcelona airport. Just go outside and you will have (in both cases) a taxi stand. Get first available taxi (there will be waiting taxis definitely).

Price will be according to night or weekend. About 35 euro to your hotel.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tauntoncheer said:

Could anyone tell me cost of taxi from airport to 1898 Hotel? Also the cost of taxi from hotel to the cruise pier. Thank you. 

Airport >> Hotel

BY TAXI

About 27-30 euro on weekdays before 20:00

More than 30 on weekends and after 20:00

Airport >> Hotel

BY SUBURBAN

About 25-30 minutes to Pl.Catalunya station which it is located 400m ahead from the hotel

4,90 euro a single ticket (it is hard to have a mistake inside, trains are prepared for a lot of baggage and loudspeakers are in English too)

It is valid only if you arrive to Terminal 2 in the airport

Airport >> Hotel

BY METRO

5,50 euro each ticket from the airport (never mind if terminal 1 or terminal 2)

1 hour by metro from the airport to Catalunya station

• Thanks 1