TRANSPORT IN BARCELONA (taxi, metro, bus, etc... to the city, port and airport). All information and questions!!

alserrod

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

Alserrod, thank you for all the help you give on those page. One question please, how much shall we expect to pay for a taxi for 2 passengers, 2 luggage from the port to a hotel in the Gothic Quarter on a week end?

I'd say 12-15 E.  

(based on the fact that our party of 4 paid 18E going in the opposite direction)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks 🙏 that webpage does not display the information properly but it looks like there is an app for AMB. I will have a look.

Web doesn't display correctly but if you scroll down you will see current fares.

You can call a taxi by phone. In that case, they will point you accurate place to grab it and that taxi will be for you (not for the first person to reach it but for you). On the other hand, I think it has a 7 euro supplement.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

I'd say 12-15 E.  

(based on the fact that our party of 4 paid 18E going in the opposite direction)

It must be said that
6.7 euro is the minimum amount. Of them, 2.2 are minimum fare and 4.5 are airport supplement.
From there, calculate any distance you have traveled by taxi in Barcelona and it will be proportional to the distance. It is enough to look at it on Google Maps (keep in mind prohibited turns, traffic directions, etc...).
For me, 5.5 km came out to be multiplied by €1.21/km. From there 6.65 euros

6.65 distance and 6.5 minimum... No more than fifteen euros.

It is not an exact rule. If the taxi travels at less than 20 km/h (red light, a lot of traffic, etc...) they no longer charge you per kilometer but rather per time. The taximeter itself changes itself.

That's why I say up to 15 euros.

Important.... Monday to Friday and until 8:00 p.m.
Otherwise, a little more expensive

• Like 1

Hello:

I am a person who tries to go everywhere by public transportation. I live in the center of a city and only use my car to go to the outskirts. Many places take similar time on public transport than by car (taking into account that I get off and get to the place from public transport and I have to park the car, possibly somewhere different).

However, for the port of Barcelona I am going to suggest a taxi for any destination.

In Barcelona public transport is very, very good to go to the airport and even to get around the city.

but from the port, in case you arrive for a stopover (without luggage) and want to walk 3.5 km to the nearest metro stop, use the taxi.

I'll do the math for you

CAB
From the pier (Terminal A) to the train station.
Fixed rate: 2.3 euros
Port supplement: 4.5 euros
Distance (6.4 km): 7.8 euros (assuming it is a weekday, a little more expensive on the weekend)

total: 14.6 euros with all supplements included

(attention in Barcelona the route to the station >> port is more expensive than the port >> station due to the supplement system they have in the taxi)

PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Shuttle from the pier to Drassanes station: 3 euros/person
Single metro ticket: 2.55 euros/person (valid for any destination)

Total: 5.55 euros/person.

If 2 people go, 11.10 euros. Just use the taxi
If you are 3 people, the taxi is cheaper

Edited by alserrod

FAST LANE in BARCELONA AIRPORT

There are some airlines that includes fast lane in Barcelona (for business tickets)

Nevertheless, if you want to use the fast lane you can buy it here (or via AENA app)

https://serviciosvip.aena.es/vip/es/aeropuertos/josep-tarradellas-barcelona-el-prat/acceso-prioritario-fast-lane

It costs 10,41 €

• Like 1

About accessibility in Barcelona airport for disabled, this information could be interesting

Accessibility details

All European airports provide free assistance to disabled passengers in compliance with Regulation (EC) 1107/2006 of the European Parliament, of 26th July 2008.

You can request this free assistance at any Spanish airport on the Aena (Aeropuertos Españoles y Navegación Aérea) website, or by phoning 902 404 704.

Important: the service must be requested 48 hours in advance and is only valid for assistance at Spanish airports that are part of the Aena network. Passengers with any special needs will have to notify their airline, travel agent or tour operator.

Airports run by Aena and the other European airports have meeting points, duly signposted, inside and outside the terminal buildings (car parks, drop-off point in the arrivals area, check-in area), where disabled people can easily notify staff of their arrival at the airport and request assistance using an intercom.

https://www.barcelona-access.com/ACCESSIBLE/Transports/Com-arribar---Aeroport/_qTOdJvTDy-ISM-dZXQyfRWgGfnzRjJHreu3FglMZaFY

8 hours ago, lina b said:

Thank you for providing the information re: wheelchair accessible taxi.

How can I order one to go from the hotel to the port?

Thank you!

There are accessible taxis in Barcelona

This is one webpage of them

https://www.taxiadaptadobarcelona.com/

but if you are in the hotel it should be enough to ask the hotel deskman to call a taxi for you. In Spain it is very common to take a taxi from hotels (instead of a transfer) and deskmen will easily call for you. You can take advantage to ask him to say some instructions in Spanish to taxi driver.

Important.... they can offer you a fixed fare. You can accept or decline (in this case, they would use taximetre, you are entitled to it). If I were you I would search for approximate amount for hotel to the port.

You have the Barcelona taxi fares in the previous posts in this thread

Taxi Adaptado Barcelona | ☎️93.516.00.27♿ 【24H/7】

Taxi Adaptado en Barcelona - Oficial - Apto Silla de Ruedas

We arrive in Barcelona on a Sunday in May off the RCCL Oasis……for us it is a port day but for the vast majority of the ship it is debarkation day and for a new set of travelers embarkation day.

We simply need to go to Placa Real to pick up a walking tour. Too far to walk from the pier and I doubt a taxi in the queue would want to take us that short distance.

Any advice……should we take the Cruise Shuttle Bus to the WTC and walk from there? Are there usually long lines to board the shuttle bus?
Thanks for the help

6 hours ago, martyap said:

We arrive in Barcelona on a Sunday in May off the RCCL Oasis……for us it is a port day but for the vast majority of the ship it is debarkation day and for a new set of travelers embarkation day.

We simply need to go to Placa Real to pick up a walking tour. Too far to walk from the pier and I doubt a taxi in the queue would want to take us that short distance.

Any advice……should we take the Cruise Shuttle Bus to the WTC and walk from there? Are there usually long lines to board the shuttle bus?
Thanks for the help

Hello

If I were you I would get a taxi.

Just only if when you get off the vessel you find the shuttle, get it. Otherwise a taxi. This is. Shuttle is not cheap at all and release you in front of Colon statue. Just 650m away from Plaza Real (translated as "Royal square") but taxi really costs a few more and will drive you to Plaza Real.

I am sure you will find a taxi in the port terminal but you can also call for one if you wish.

Regarding Barcelona, I have posted some information in other threads in this forum

Just remember, you can always call a taxi in Barcelona (or whatsapp it).

Taxis have central phone services and they will be warned to go to pick up you.

You will have to pay a supplement and taxi race will start since calling (not later since you are picked up but just since calling them).

It is enough to call just when you are ready to go out of the ship.

This is, no need to call the day before for a taxi by 8:00 because if you are ready by 7:45 you will have to wait and if you aren't ready since 8:15 you will have to pay extra.

When you call, a computering system warns nearest available taxi. Since that moment, that taxi is for you (and you are paying it). He will move to the pier and will wait for you in the indicated place.

That takes... a few minutes only, and as said, nearest taxi is booked by computer. So it is enough to call just when you are ready to go out of the ship.

In Barcelona there are a lot of taxi-radio phones, all of them are enough and all of them give a reliable and an official service. Some of them can accept whatsapp too. Choose anyone, it doesn't matter.

It will be useful to know the taxi plate and taxi number. Some taxis can arrive at the same time and it will be enough to know taxi number to go for it.

• Like 1

And these are just some phone numbers to call a taxi in Barcelona

ALWAYS +34 and phone number

931 131 920 (https://taxisbarcelona.org/)

933 033 033  (https://radiotaxi033.com/ 

https://barcelonaradiotaxi.com/  (here you have to fill a form)

but there are a lot of numbers

There are 10521 taxis in Barcelona (source https://taxi.amb.cat/es/professionals-del-sector/llicencies)

and it is enought to assure taxi is black, with yellow parts, has a taximetre and a taxi licence

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for all the info! With that said, I’m trying to get an idea of the taxi fare from the port to Sagrada Familia. I apologize if you covered this, although I didn’t see that specifically. Do taxis only charge per km (plus supplementals) and not for travel time? TIA!

18 hours ago, ddeprez said:

Thank you so much for all the info! With that said, I’m trying to get an idea of the taxi fare from the port to Sagrada Familia. I apologize if you covered this, although I didn’t see that specifically. Do taxis only charge per km (plus supplementals) and not for travel time? TIA!

Hi

All taxis in Spain (except small towns) charge per km OR per hour.

More or less, over 20 km/h, they charge per km

Below 20 km/h they charge per hour

Taximetre directly shifts from one fare to the other according to taxi speed at any time.

So, for going to Sagrada Familia you can consider distance and just round up because taxi will stop at some traffic stops.

In the sum up I point only "per km and round up" to make it easier to understand.

After Sagrada Familia If you are going to move within city centre you can use the underground. It is comfortable and fast

56 minutes ago, alserrod said:

Hi

All taxis in Spain (except small towns) charge per km OR per hour.

More or less, over 20 km/h, they charge per km

Below 20 km/h they charge per hour

Taximetre directly shifts from one fare to the other according to taxi speed at any time.

So, for going to Sagrada Familia you can consider distance and just round up because taxi will stop at some traffic stops.

In the sum up I point only "per km and round up" to make it easier to understand.

After Sagrada Familia If you are going to move within city centre you can use the underground. It is comfortable and fast

Thanks. Any approximation as per average fare to there from the port?

59 minutes ago, ddeprez said:

Thanks. Any approximation as per average fare to there from the port?

18-20 euros in a weekday

If you move, later, to other corner by taxi, 2,55 euros/ticket

18 hours ago, We_like_to_cruise said:

So, we are not booked in a Rock Star or Mega Rock Star cabin, and according to Sailor Services are not eligible for any VV shuttle to the airport.

I am trying to figure out other ways to accomplish this.  I did see that a company Moventis provides this service for €16, but don't know which of the 7 terminals the Scarlet Lady will dock.  (The Port de Barcelona website provides the error message "No data available in table" when researching ship arrivals.)

Can you help?  We don't mind taking trains, buses, taxis or Ubers!

Thanks !

15 hours ago, cantgetin said:

There is a flat rate taxi from the airport to the cruise terminal for 39 Euros.  THat cost is per taxi, not per person, and the fee includes all the applicable surcharges.  Be sure any quote from a private company includes them!  We were at Terminal A last year.  The drivers will all know where the ship will be!  It will NOT be at the WTC, which  does not have the surcharges and is a little closer. I can let you know in a few weeks when we arrive.....but while history is a good guess, the terminal operators can change the terminal any ship uses for various reasons, much as airport gates can change.

16 hours ago, jon81uk said:

From the terminal to the airport last September there was a flat rate taxi fee, but I don’t recall how much it was. Can book taxi on the FreeNow app or just get one from the rank.

hello, there are five terminals in Barcelona. All of them are lined up. 

this is, if you are going to Barcelona port and you do not know exact terminal it is enough to say Taxi Driver that just go to the port. You will see easily the ship and ask him where to stop (first terminal is Terminal A and so on....).

But if you go with Uber (there are few few Uber in Barcelona) or Cabify (another company like Uber with more cars and easier to deal in Barcelona) or any transfer you will have to point Terminal E, last one... and pay up to there (because it is prepaid you will have to pay for longest distance. If you post-pay, you pay exact amount)

But conversely you will not know exact terminal.... maybe until arrival. As said, all of them are lined-up. It is very easy to find them but there are 400 metres between Terminal A and Terminal B, 400m for Terminal C, 400m for Terminal D and 400m for Terminal E.

This is... you must assure the Terminal where you want to be picked up. For a driver it will be just 400m more or less in the same pier (this is... it is not a sort to be on the other corner of the harbour or whatever). Quite easy, but you will need to know Terminal.

And surely Barcelona harbour will not assure until arrival. For them it is strongly easy to park a ship. For them it happens nothing to stop a ship in Terminal B instead of Terminal C (and they could do it for safety reasons, for maintenance or whatever).

So.... I would go by taxi. Europeans do not use tranfers, as well as Uber has a very small presence in Barcelona. Just think on an European way. Go to taxi stand. If you do not find one, call a taxi by phone (and it will be booked for you)

• Thanks 1

One tip....

A taxi from Airport to Port and viceversa cost 45 euro with all supplements included, never mind traffic or any other issue. It doesn't matter which Port terminal nor Airport Terminal.

And same fare on weekdays and weekends.

(39 euro was previous fare).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alserrod  thanks for so much useful and practical info.  We’ll be in Barcelona just 2 nights in late May and we want to make the most of our time.  We have a 4:00 PM departure from BCN flying business on UA to the US.  How much time should we allow in the airport prior to the flight, including checking bags and VAT refund?  Is there any sort of fast track security lane for business class?  Is the VAT office or Kiosk easily accessed?

4 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Alserrod  thanks for so much useful and practical info.  We’ll be in Barcelona just 2 nights in late May and we want to make the most of our time.  We have a 4:00 PM departure from BCN flying business on UA to the US.  How much time should we allow in the airport prior to the flight, including checking bags and VAT refund?  Is there any sort of fast track security lane for business class?  Is the VAT office or Kiosk easily accessed?

Hi,

If you need information about moving within Barcelona and ideas about the city, just scroll over all information. I have posted it somewhere

About your questions.... arriving to Barcelona airport is quite easy. 20 minutes by taxi from city centre

- Fast lane, I have found this

https://www.aena.es/en/josep-tarradellas-barcelona-el-prat/vip-services/fast-lane.html

but I have never used it

- VAT refund. I really do not know. I am Spanish, so I cannot ask for that refund. I know how it works but I do not know how to do it, nor how long does it takes

- Passport control should be quite fast as well as you are leaving, not entering Spain

For any questions related with the airport, just google

site:aena.es  and keywords for your question

AENA = "Spanish aiports and air navigation". It is the official agency that manages all airports and all deals with airlines

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone recently taken a taxi from BCN airport to the hotels ( H10 Madison )  and from hotels to cruise port ? Debating between booking private transfer or just taking a cab. Any idea of costs would be much appreciated also! 

Taxi: 

Airport - Hotel, 25-28 euro (depending on traffic)

Hotel - Port 15-18 euro (depending on traffic)

Always considering weekdays before 20:00, about 3-5 euro more on weekends

ALL supplements INCLUDED

I know I can take the Blue Bus to the WTC and walk from there. For us Barcelona is a port stop. For a large number of passengers on this Oasis cruise, Barcelona is their debarkation. I’m thinking getting a taxi to go the short distance to Placa Real might be difficult. We would be getting off to meet a walking tour about 9:30

Any advice is appreciated.

It is matter of opinion...

Real numbers

Blue Bus, 3 euro per person to WTC. 

(single ticket for a bus or Metro after WTC, 2,55 euro, you can buy 10 tickets pass)

Taxi to Plaza Real, 10,30 euro (from Terminal A, more expensive from other terminals just because more distance) in a weekday, a bit more in weekends.

So just decide

For those who wanna go to the beach in Barcelona (even in a call, even in previous/post days for cruise) here's how to arrive to the beach

First... Barcelona has several beaches northbound from the port

Just have a look

barcelonaplaya.jpg.e12ec59eede85aec56171361bf46d7fa.jpg

Blue: Piers for cruises

Red, one cruise ship in the moment of the picture

If you are in the port the easiest way is a taxi

If you are in a hotel in city centre it is easy to arrive to several stops for line 4.

If you wanna go out of Barcelona there are some beaches easy to arrive by suburban train

For instance Casteldefells

Playa Castelldefels, Castelldefels, Barcelona — idealista

Here you are a google maps shot.

Train station is just 190m away from the beach and you can see it is a long, long and sandy beach

casteldefells.thumb.jpg.c063000cb93764c098dd3d0be87d13d7.jpg

Trains reach there from Barcelona every 30 minutes. They take 26 minutes

trenescasteldefells.thumb.jpg.4609c32b42e3c120d2709b2db0560190.jpg