gift cards

Iwork2trav

I have some gift cards that I was planning on using to pay for things onboard my upcoming cruise, and from what I read on other posts, I understood that I could either stand in line at passenger services, or ask my travel agent to load them.  I did not want to mess with it on the cruise so I asked the travel agent, and he told me I had to do it on the ship, that he only can use them for new bookings.  I am interested in hearing what other agents do?  It is only a 4 day cruise so I really didn't want to waste time waiting in line but it may be inevitable

5 hours ago, shanecindy21403 said:

It's usually a fairly quick process. Just don't try to do it first thing or wait until the last night. I usually go to passenger services first thing in the morning the day after sailing and it's usually no wait.

Whenever I have done it on the ship they have one sort of problem or another. Once they said it had no balance, once they couldn't get a connection. Do it while you are in port, but it seems to take awhile.

The only issue I have had adding them was that not all the guest services people were trained (or had access) to add them so they had to get the person who was able to do it & it takes some time to input them. I was adding a lot. They have to type in all the numbers manually - no scan code. They are very handy to use. 

Your TA can use the gift cards to purchase Gifts & Services in PolarOnline (TA Portal). It's not easy, but it can be done. I do it all the time. The instructions for doing so once inside the booking on Polar is (Buttons at the bottom of the page) Special Request / Gifts - Add Special Request /Gift - Under Gifts & Services select Merchandise & Onboard Credit then click Submit -- Click Next (for Next Page) -- Choose the Item: Item Number 6013 $25 OBC, Item Number 6014 $50 OBC, Item Number 6015 $100 OBC, Item Number 6021 $250 OBC, Item Number 6022 $500 OBC, then click Save & Continue. Enter PAX Number, Qty,  Delivery Date, and Send From. For Payment Type Choose Pay with Credit Card, Then Click Save. On the Payment Page, Click Select Payment Type drop-down and choose Gift card. Complete the rest of the information needed and then click Submit Payment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1