Bush Int'l Terminal Connections.

nelblu

I have a United flight that arrives at Terminal B.  I have a shuttle reserved at Terminal A.  What are the logistics.  Instructions given is to take the subway in lower deck/basement that connects all terminals.  What is the estimated time frame to get to terminal A.  Also, can one walk from B to A.

The below-ground Subway train provides transportation between terminals while outside security (pre-security).

Departs every three minutes from the Subway stations in Terminals A, B, C, D/E, and the Airport Marriott

Free, operates every day from 3:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.  Closed between 12:30 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.

Signs to the Subway stations are marked “Subway”

The trip time between one Subway station and the next is approximately 3 minutes.

The above-ground Skyway provides transportation between terminals while inside security.

Departs every two minutes from the Skyway stations in Terminals A, B, C and D/E

Free, operates every day

Signs to Skyway stations are marked “Skyway”

The total Skyway travel time from the Terminal A station to the Terminal D/E station is 4 minutes, 15 seconds.

https://www.fly2houston.com/iah/interterminal-transportation

Google answers a lot of questions,  usually faster than CC.

57 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

The below-ground Subway train provides transportation between terminals while outside security (pre-security).

Departs every three minutes from the Subway stations in Terminals A, B, C, D/E, and the Airport Marriott

Free, operates every day from 3:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.  Closed between 12:30 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.

Signs to the Subway stations are marked “Subway”

The trip time between one Subway station and the next is approximately 3 minutes.

The above-ground Skyway provides transportation between terminals while inside security.

Departs every two minutes from the Skyway stations in Terminals A, B, C and D/E

Free, operates every day

Signs to Skyway stations are marked “Skyway”

The total Skyway travel time from the Terminal A station to the Terminal D/E station is 4 minutes, 15 seconds.

https://www.fly2houston.com/iah/interterminal-transportation

Google answers a lot of questions,  usually faster than CC.

Thank you so much.

11 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Thank you so much.

We were on a cruise out of Galveston a few  years ago.  we stayed at the Marriott.  The tram worked well and was very convenient.  Wife insisted we do the same on our next cruise.

Just be sure you remember there are two trams, one inside and one outside security.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

We were on a cruise out of Galveston a few  years ago.  we stayed at the Marriott.  The tram worked well and was very convenient.  Wife insisted we do the same on our next cruise.

Just be sure you remember there are two trams, one inside and one outside security.

Curious, what is the difference.  Is it "subway" vs "skyway".   I'm planning on not checking my bag and can I assume that the skyway would be more convenient as I'm equating the "airtran" tram running at Newark Int'l, however this is outside TSA

42 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Curious, what is the difference.  Is it "subway" vs "skyway".   I'm planning on not checking my bag and can I assume that the skyway would be more convenient as I'm equating the "airtran" tram running at Newark Int'l, however this is outside TSA

Two different conveyances.

The skyway is only inside security.

The subway is outside security.

In your case, I doubt that it matters. 

Either one will get you from B to A.

We've never  taken the sky way since we've been going to the marriott which is outside security.

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

Two different conveyances.

The skyway is only inside security.

The subway is outside security.

In your case, I doubt that it matters. 

Either one will get you from B to A.

We've never  taken the sky way since we've been going to the marriott which is outside security.

Thank you for the clarification as that is the way you identified in your original post.