The new Azamara air program

laurieb

I am really, really happy with the new Air program!  Consolidator pricing for business class seats for our May 2024 cruises, and easy to pick our own flights and times.  Since the flights are flexible, no need to pay for them until final payment on the cruises, and they can easily be changed.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, laurieb said:

I am really, really happy with the new Air program!  Consolidator pricing for business class seats for our May 2024 cruises, and easy to pick our own flights and times.  Since the flights are flexible, no need to pay for them until final payment on the cruises, and they can easily be changed.  

Would you mind sharing the cost and flight route from US?

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I can’t seem to find a link to actually look at flights 

Call the Azamara number and say you want to book flights.   Here's what Azamara sent in response to my email asking for a phone number:

"Yes, we do provide flights through Azamara. Please give our US Customer Service Team a call on 001-833-292-2292 and they can assist you with arranging this."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Call the Azamara number and say you want to book flights.   Here's what Azamara sent in response to my email asking for a phone number:

"Yes, we do provide flights through Azamara. Please give our US Customer Service Team a call on 001-833-292-2292 and they can assist you with arranging this."

Hmmm. What I liked about ChoiceAir was the ability to see the flights/airlines/days options myself. Maybe I’ll stick with looking at Google flights for now 

43 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Sounds very like what we’ve had all along in the UK where we have no control on airline or flight times 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, uktog said:

Sounds very like what we’ve had all along in the UK where we have no control on airline or flight times 

not at all. 

I found flights I liked on another website; those are the flights I've booked using Azamara's air program.  Total control

Edited by laurieb

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Hmmm. What I liked about ChoiceAir was the ability to see the flights/airlines/days options myself. Maybe I’ll stick with looking at Google flights for now 

Find flights you like, then give Azamara a call to see what kind of price you get.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

Would you mind sharing the cost and flight route from US?

LAXLHRBCN 26May  return AMSLHRLAX 22June all flights Business class 4660.00.  AA international flights and BA within Europe

Edited by laurieb
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, uktog said:

I’m glad the US is getting a better deal. The worst is what other countries are used to 😀

On our very first cruise with Azamara in 2012, we had air included; the worst flights we've ever had getting to the ship!  Portland to Seattle to Frankfurt to Nice and then a bus to Monte Carlo.  We had to run in Frankfurt to get the next flight as the distance between gates was so far.

1 hour ago, laurieb said:

On our very first cruise with Azamara in 2012, we had air included; the worst flights we've ever had getting to the ship!  Portland to Seattle to Frankfurt to Nice and then a bus to Monte Carlo.  We had to run in Frankfurt to get the next flight as the distance between gates was so far.

That’s still how it would be for us if we left air to Azamara they use low cost hubs like Frankfurt every time we ask for quotes. Worst still is those who don’t know you can delay booking a with flights option so get locked into the UK flights lottery too early 

• Like 1

Hi gang, sort of a follow up. I just called the customer support team number as directed (833 292 2292) and got through immediately. The lady at the other end was very helpful, unfortunately, all navigation needed to go through her, I had no access to the web site to view choices or prices. We are on the April 1, 7 nite Lisbon to Barcelona cruise on Quest, and was given a quote of $535. rt Atlanta to Lisbon via Boston on March 26, returning to Atlanta April 12 on Air Canada via Montreal. (I think the departure out of Atlanta is with Delta, please don't quote me.) That was economy, economy plus was $1300,pp, and a mere $18,000 business.  I was asked for the Azamara confirmation number, and the dates I wanted. I can't give you any further details, I will, if friend Marge takes them up on the deal.  Delta is asking $1088 regular economy, $2622 premium economy, and $3576 business, round trip. Business is almost reasonable, but I know who I would be using for economy! Hope this helps.

22 minutes ago, john1970 said:

I know Princess is not comparable but they make it so easy to book and add air on their website. I hope Azamara eventually get to the stage where you can just browse online and add the fights that suit. 

That’s the way ChoiceAir used to be

• Like 1