Amawaterways tv question

Doh15

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect a phone to a tv on Amawaterways (via a HDMI cable or even casting)?  

Not a big deal either way but we might download some movies to a phone if we could.

thanks

AmaMagna uses LG(I think) TVs and some Apple TV system of some sort (I don't do Apple). The TVs are also mounted into a decorative wall. Since I didn't use the Apple thing, I can't really say if it had a streaming option or not.

I always travel with my Firestick and a Universal Remote (so I can change the Source on the TV). I also bring a 10' HDMI cable.

While I probably could have done it myself, I didn't want to risk dropping the TV, so I asked the front desk if someone could pull the TV off the wall for a minute. That afternoon the engineer and 1 other guy came and did that. I plugged my HDMI cable in, routed it down through the access holes and hooked up my Firestick. I then was able to use my universal remote to change the TV source to my Firestick.

On the last day, the engineer team came around again and I unplugged my HDMI cable.

They were honestly super nice about it. And we were on for 2 weeks, so maybe it was slightly less of a hassle.

As long as it's not built into a wall, and not some ancient TV with no HDMI ports, I can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to simply plug into an HDMI port on the TV. But you may need a universal remote to change the input.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RobInMN said:

AmaMagna uses LG(I think) TVs and some Apple TV system of some sort (I don't do Apple). The TVs are also mounted into a decorative wall. Since I didn't use the Apple thing, I can't really say if it had a streaming option or not.

I always travel with my Firestick and a Universal Remote (so I can change the Source on the TV). I also bring a 10' HDMI cable.

While I probably could have done it myself, I didn't want to risk dropping the TV, so I asked the front desk if someone could pull the TV off the wall for a minute. That afternoon the engineer and 1 other guy came and did that. I plugged my HDMI cable in, routed it down through the access holes and hooked up my Firestick. I then was able to use my universal remote to change the TV source to my Firestick.

On the last day, the engineer team came around again and I unplugged my HDMI cable.

They were honestly super nice about it. And we were on for 2 weeks, so maybe it was slightly less of a hassle.

As long as it's not built into a wall, and not some ancient TV with no HDMI ports, I can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to simply plug into an HDMI port on the TV. But you may need a universal remote to change the input.

Interesting, thanks! (It would have never occurred to me either to ask them for help taking the tv off the wall or to bring a universal remote.)

We do have iphones, although aircast doesn’t always work for us even at home, but if anyone has experience using those would be interested to hear. 

• 1 month later...

Update for what it’s worth— our ship seemed to use an apple monitor as a screen for the cabin.

Maybe in theory it would have been possible to connect my iphone using a usb port but in practice it did not seem to be (although admittedly I did not spend much time investigating it). 

• Like 1