Pool stairs?

vegas-c

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I do not believe that any Carnival ships have steps to enter pools.  Some other cruise line ships do tho.  

Thanks, I know some HAL, Celebrity and Princess ships do. I wish Carnival would especially in the serrenity pools.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vegas-c said:

Do any of the Carnival ships have stair entry to the pools? My friend and I enjoy the pool but ladders are difficult. Thanks all.

The Carnival Venezia has two set of steps with railings to enter on one end of the lido pool. This is the only photo I have found so far that shows the view from where they start as you can see the railings on both sides at the bottom of the photo. Views of it are also in some Venezia videos that are online. The upcoming Carnival Firenze has the same style of lido pool and will have these steps as well.

Screenshot2023-12-02160133.thumb.png.f02217a5f6bf30f39a7a59064f7ffa8d.png

Edited by Destiny0315

20231010_120831.thumb.jpg.85c020f5125ef5dec73c449425201726.jpg

Yes there are two sets of stairs and one ladder on the Venezia pool.  The stairs are EXTREMELY slippery!   I witnessed quite a few people falling on them.  That top little 'platform' just below the water surface is the worst.  It appears to have been added because of the big distance to the first actual stair.  Also, as you enter from the stairs, you see a sign directly across from you that reads "Maximum Pool Depth 4' 9" "  .  That is actually the Minimum depth, and it's only 4'9" for a very small area right by that sign.  The actual depth at the stairs is 6' 1" , as you can see in the picture picture taken from a different perspective. 

20231010_121230.thumb.jpg.bb1814e118d604840e536d5c0ced901e.jpg

20231010_120842.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Yes there are two sets of stairs and one ladder on the Venezia pool.  The stairs are EXTREMELY slippery!   I witnessed quite a few people falling on them.  That top little 'platform' just below the water surface is the worst.  It appears to have been added because of the big distance to the first actual stair.  Also, as you enter from the stairs, you see a sign directly across from you that reads "Maximum Pool Depth 4' 9" "  .  That is actually the Minimum depth, and it's only 4'9" for a very small area right by that sign.  The actual depth at the stairs is 6' 1" , as you can see in the picture picture taken from a different perspective. 

Really seems like a design flaw. People that would be using stairs to get into a pool are likely not those who want to go into the deepest end of any pool to start with.