Can we cancel a booking and move our CruiseNext certificates to another existing one?

Ken the cruiser

We have a total of four CruiseNext certificates (two for each of us) applied to two existing bookings. If we cancel those two bookings, can we move those 4 CruiseNext certificates to two other existing bookings that do not currently have CruiseNext certificates applied? If so, will their value be reduced to the $125 we paid for them or will they maintain the $250 value they had when we originally used them as deposit on the cruises they are currently tied to?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

21 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We have a total of four CruiseNext certificates (two for each of us) applied to two existing bookings. If we cancel those two bookings, can we move those 4 CruiseNext certificates to two other existing bookings that do not currently have CruiseNext certificates applied? If so, will their value be reduced to the $125 we paid for them or will they maintain the $250 value they had when we originally used them as deposit on the cruises they are currently tied to?

As long as the expiration date of the certificates hasn't passed, yes you can do this.  The value will not be lowered.  There would have to be a double up promo running for you to add the 2nd cert to the bookings 

Edited by dbrown84
  • Thanks 1

Yes, they return to your account as they previously were before using them.  You may need to call to use them on an immediate cruise as I think it took a few days before I could see them on my online account to do something with them.  However, you will be calling anyway to cancel the first cruise.  So just see if that agent can immediately process them on to another cruise.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Thanks 1

I just thought I would add this CruiseNext T&C link for future reference, if and when we have to cancel our Getaway cruise to Egypt next fall with all that is going on over there right now. There is a lot of good information in it, to include if there is a double up promotion going on.

Norwegian Cruise Line - Promotions Terms and Conditions (ncl.com)

• Like 1