Let’s talk sailor loot

Swells1

I might be losing my mind.

Back in September, everything kinda hit at the same time: I was approved for DBE, we were switched from BL to VL, and the stupid app finally started working for me. 

I distinctly recall boring my poor sailing partner to tears with the details. Since we didn’t get a lot of perks when we made our reservation, the extra $200 in sailor loot was a big deal and I mentioned it a lot. Of course, this is literally the only thing I never bothered to screenshot. 

So… a while later I got the magical email survey with the promise of $200 sailor loot on my next booking. Of course, we all know about that. I had to contact sailor services and was told it would be applied to my upcoming voyage. Woohoo. 

Only I have yet to see it. 

I printed up the confirmation email to take onboard, then I looked up the DBE details. Sure enough, the $200 sailor loot I’d been talking about for months isn’t listed as a perk. 

I recently replied to their resolution email explaining I hadn’t gotten said credit yet. The reply was, “The credit has been applied. We sent you an email. It might be in your Spam file.” No. I’m literally replying to it. It’s not hidden. 

Am I nuts? Am I entitled to $400? Where did the original $200 come from? Would the $200 from the survey be listed a different way? Should I just be grateful for the $200 I know I’ve gotten? Am I rambling? Does this make any sense? 

There is no $200 Loot from DBE.  Don't know where you got that.  There is $100 bar tab.  This is supposedly per cabin, but on our last cruise it was applied per person. If you used an agent, they can see what has been applied to your booking and can screenshot it to you.  My experience has been that what they see does not necessarily agree with either the app or the account on the web site and the app is rarely accurate until the first night on board when it somehow magically gets fixed.

As to the $200 on next voyage--some people fought for that and got it.  I can't address your specific situation.  Also, some people got loot added when they had a cruise cancel and had to rebook...again, don't know if this applied to you.  If you used an agent who has at least 10 cabins booked on a sailing and is a Gold Tier agent, you might see and extra $100 loot based on that.  

My Deep Blue Extras and $100 bar tabs disappeared from my booking around 10 days ago.  We sail in a week.  I contacted Sailor Services and in a few days they had reapplied it.  I had done a screen shot of it but they didn't ask for it.

My $200 for the survey appears as 2 x $100 gifted sailor services.

Can someone tell me if these OBCs can be shared by both people in the cabin if we are using the same credit card.  I don't drink but would like to share my "sailor loot" and bar tab $100 with my son.

3 minutes ago, Ondine said:

My Deep Blue Extras and $100 bar tabs disappeared from my booking around 10 days ago.  We sail in a week.  I contacted Sailor Services and in a few days they had reapplied it.  I had done a screen shot of it but they didn't ask for it.

My $200 for the survey appears as 2 x $100 gifted sailor services.

Can someone tell me if these OBCs can be shared by both people in the cabin if we are using the same credit card.  I don't drink but would like to share my "sailor loot" and bar tab $100 with my son.

As long as you are using the same credit card to guarantee the onboard spending, you won't need to do anything in order for you to use the same "loot" and "bar tab" pools of funds.  I take screen shots of the correct "add ons" from the website and my TA sends me a copy of her page.  Somehow though, everything seems to straighten out during the first night on the ship.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swells1 said:

So… a while later I got the magical email survey with the promise of $200 sailor loot on my next booking.

Try this:  

In the App click on > "me" (bottom right corner of the start-up page) > then click on "Add-on" (right of My Agenda).  You should see your DBEs plus any other extra sailor promised—$ 200 in your case (see picture attached). This is where any extra sailor loot should be.  

As mentioned by others, DBE includes a $300 bar tap plus a bonus $100 bar tab but no sailor loot.  Any sailor loot (like your $200) is an add-on and 'should' show up as a separate line item on the Add-ons page.

DBEs and sailor loot were slow to show up on my app earlier this year but always did by disembarkation.  With that said, take your emails with you in case.

Let not your heart be troubled.  I suspect it all works out in the end 🙂

IMG_3916(1).thumb.jpeg.1366300f467d8a355a2bd8e1149f6eb3.jpeg

Edited by raphael360

7 hours ago, raphael360 said:

As mentioned by others, DBE includes a $300 bar tap plus a bonus $100 bar tab but no sailor loot.  Any sailor loot (like your $200) is an add-on and 'should' show up as a separate line item on the Add-ons page.

IMG_3916(1).thumb.jpeg.1366300f467d8a355a2bd8e1149f6eb3.jpeg

Just to be clear, DBE does NOT include a $300 bar tab.  The $300 or $600 bar tab is a booking bonus (for booking while that promotion is happening).  DBE does include a $100 bar tab (it replaced a bottle of bubbly that was originally included).  DBE also gives you a $100 bar tab bonus, rather than the standard $50 bonus, for each $300 bar tab you purchase.  The bonus does not apply to any free bar tabs. 

Thus, in the example above, the $300 tab is the booking bonus for the current promotion, the $100 is the freebie that is part of DBE, and the DBE package is all the other DBE benefits (priority boarding, laundry, Grounds Club credit, premium wifi, etc). Separating out the $100 bar tab has something to do with their accounting.

As I noted earlier, I've always found the "my account" section of the website to be more accurate than the app prior to boarding.  But somehow it clears up within the first 18 hours of the cruise, and if not, Sailor Services can fix it.  Take your screen shots!

• Like 1