Lactose Intolerant overnight!

KEG21552

Apparently, between last Sunday and Monday, I have become lactose intolerant.  Don’t drink that much milk but I do like cream in my coffee.  Are there any options (never looked because I never needed to) or should I bring my own non dairy options.  

Thanks

2 minutes ago, KEG21552 said:

Apparently, between last Sunday and Monday, I have become lactose intolerant.  Don’t drink that much milk but I do like cream in my coffee.  Are there any options (never looked because I never needed to) or should I bring my own non dairy options.  

Thanks

They have soya, oat and lactose free milk on the ship

And per Celebrity's website:

If there’s a certain diet you follow, it’s easy to scan the menu to find dishes you can eat. Menu items are noted with a special symbol if they are gluten-free, free of added sugar, lactose-free, vegetarian, or fit fare. The fit fare menu items combine natural flavor and balanced nutrition without compromising on taste.

No matter which restaurant you choose to dine in while cruising with Celebrity, you can find healthy menu options every night of your cruise.

Let your servers know or ask personnel in the buffet for lactose-free options.  Sometimes they have choices that are not on the menu/set out in the buffet.   

Let the cruise line know and then talk to your wait staff.  They will take great care of you.

I am allergic to dairy (I think it's the casein not the lactose so lactose pills don't even work for me).  The MDR has always been able to bring me almond milk for my coffee.  Cafe al Bacio has almond and other dairy alternative milks.  

For desserts, the chef always makes something special dairy free for me (aside from fruit none of the desserts on the menu are ever dairy free).  For starters and entrees, I usually try to order the night before with the Maitr'D or my waiter so that they can modify any dish that might contain dairy.  Most specialty dining can be modified on the spot (although I would definitely give advanced notice for Le Petit Chef).

Look for the dairy free label in the buffet (although use common sense as the labels aren't perfect) and look for things labeled vegan (as those are always dairy free).  The Eclipse had a vegan taco bar one day for lunch.  I made my own tacos by finding some meat elsewhere in the buffet and then enjoying the vegan sauce and cream they had on the taco bar.  And don't be afraid to ask staff in the buffet if you have questions or don't see something you think they might have (like a dairy free milk).