Hotel Recommendation for Papeete, 2 Nights

Rick&Jeannie

Budget is not a *huge* concern...don't want to go crazy but not opposed to a decent hotel. NOT looking for a Motel 6!  I guess my main concern would be ease of getting to the property from the airport and then getting to the ship.

Have never been to the area so I don't know what I don't know!

20 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Budget is not a *huge* concern...don't want to go crazy but not opposed to a decent hotel. NOT looking for a Motel 6!  I guess my main concern would be ease of getting to the property from the airport and then getting to the ship.

Have never been to the area so I don't know what I don't know!

Kon Tiki is a solid pick ... not the cheapest or the most ... right in the middle. Newer hotel right across from where the ships dock  ... easy 10 minute taxi ride. I'm staying there in January ... I've stayed at most of the expensive places ... they are nice but this place fits the bill just fine.

For expansive resorts/landscape/pools you will need to pick and expensive property such as the IC Tahiti, Hilton or Pearl ... the IC is a large property with extensive gardens and pools.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

10 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

On budget? Check out Fare Suisse ... I've stayed there many times. Close to town ... reasonable, smaller rooms that are clean and have A/C. Inexpensive breakfast ... they provide free shuttle service to and from the airport. 

I found out that our traveling partners (2 other couples) were staying at Fare Suisse.  So...I grabbed the last remaining room that they had.  I know it's going to be pretty basic, but I figure we can muddle through most anything if we have companions to commiserate with! 😄 Thanks for your suggestions!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I found out that our traveling partners (2 other couples) were staying at Fare Suisse.  So...I grabbed the last remaining room that they had.  I know it's going to be pretty basic, but I figure we can muddle through most anything if we have companions to commiserate with! 😄 Thanks for your suggestions!

There is a 'Champion' market one block away. Several places to eat close by. Food trucks are a 15-20 walk. You can rent a car from Beni (Fare Suisse) to drive around the island. 

Pictured: Breakfast at Fare Suisse

MRAE1053.JPG