Emerald Princess Electrical Outlets

trbarton

I’m in a balcony stateroom on the Caribe Deck 10, cat B2, Emerald Princess. Anyone know or have photos on the outlets available in the stateroom?

Is their any USB outlets in the lamps?

Thanks!

Tom😀

3 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

I believe you received two responses in the current live blog from the Emerald:

Thanks!  Just what I wanted. Nice to have an extra plug where the old TV use to be. 

Tom😁

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Willwils said:

Does anyone know of any issues with power strips(non-surge) being confiscated on Emerald  Princess like I've read on Other Princess ships? 

I never had one confiscated. It’s always in my carryon. 

Since I just returned from the Emerald Princess, one thing that I always do is to tale photos of the plugs in the stateroom, for anyone that wants to know. I was in a balcony stateroom. Since it’s an older ship there are no plugs in the lamps. Let me know if these photos are helpful. 

Remember there are plugs where the old TV use to be & if you bring European adapter you can use the one that is on the table too. 

Tom😀

IMG_1413.jpeg

image.png

9 hours ago, Willwils said:

Does anyone know of any issues with power strips(non-surge) being confiscated on Emerald  Princess like I've read on Other Princess ships? 

It's the same policy fleet-wide. Training of the crew is likely to be similar as well.

10 hours ago, trbarton said:

I never had one confiscated. It’s always in my carryon. 

Since I just returned from the Emerald Princess, one thing that I always do is to tale photos of the plugs in the stateroom, for anyone that wants to know. I was in a balcony stateroom. Since it’s an older ship there are no plugs in the lamps. Let me know if these photos are helpful. 

Remember there are plugs where the old TV use to be & if you bring European adapter you can use the one that is on the table too. 

Tom😀

IMG_1413.jpeg

image.png

Very helpful as our next trip will be on the Emerald Princess and my husband has a cpap. Thank you.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Firefly74 said:

Very helpful as our next trip will be on the Emerald Princess and my husband has a cpap. Thank you.

Here's what I have been using for 2 CPAPs and have never had an issue.  Plus, it's much more compact than a "standard" power strip & is not likely to be confused for a surge model.

Power Tap.jpg

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

20 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Here's what I have been using for 2 CPAPs and have never had an issue.  Plus, it's much more compact than a "standard" power strip & is not likely to be confused for a surge model.

Power Tap.jpg

We use something very similar. And ask for an extension cord (usually). And bring tape to avoid tripping on the cord

28 minutes ago, Firefly74 said:

We use something very similar. And ask for an extension cord (usually). And bring tape to avoid tripping on the cord

I always use a European 2 prong adapter for behind the bed...no need for extension cord or tape!

10 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I always use a European 2 prong adapter for behind the bed...no need for extension cord or tape!

We could not locate the behind-the-bed plug last time—although we did find a dirty sock 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

There is a european style plug behind the bed that has a lamp plugged into it.  I have a european power bar that I use when travelling over there and it works great to have the lamp and another device connected if your spouse wants a charger on their side of the bed.most chargers these days are multi voltage, you just need the right adapter.

european pb.PNG

Edited by mrell345

32 minutes ago, Firefly74 said:

We could not locate the behind-the-bed plug last time—although we did find a dirty sock 

Apparently the Emerald has a different layout for power. I have never sailed on the Emerald so I have no first hand knowledge of that. All of the later ships I've sailed on *did* have outlets behind the bed. 

9 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Apparently the Emerald has a different layout for power. I have never sailed on the Emerald so I have no first hand knowledge of that. All of the later ships I've sailed on *did* have outlets behind the bed. 

It was the Royal Princess and maybe we gave up too soon

Posted (edited)

It's surprising that the new ships don't include a 110 outlet by the bed for all of the CPAP users. Why would Princess prefer to have extension cords running around the cabins, posing a trip hazard.

I just ordered a splitter like the one pictured from Walmart.com for $5.75 including shipping and tax.

Edited by Teechur
Added a line.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here's another one that I use sometimes, if my other one shown will not plug in due to its configuration:

Mini-Extension.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Element-Hz-Power-2-Compact-Strip/dp/B06XXPKL8C/ref=sr_1_3?crid=T96CCGHFLGV7&keywords=element+power+series&qid=1704828563&sprefix=element+power+series%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-3

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We just got off emerald and there is the one European plug behind the bed

Just now, mrell345 said:

We just got off emerald and there is the one European plug behind the bed

Good to know!  I was simply responding to the other poster who said there was not.  Not having been on the Emerald I was unable to add personal experience.  Thanks for clarifying!

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

Good to know!  I was simply responding to the other poster who said there was not.  Not having been on the Emerald I was unable to add personal experience.  Thanks for clarifying!

Mind you I only know that our cabin (balcony) had one, I can’t speak for all cabins

We were told last week that our balcony cabin did NOT have one behind the bed. Luckily, I stretched my cpap cord across the desk, and it was plenty long enough without an extension. Hubby says he didn't think our cabin could go into twin configuration though (side tables seemed pretty fixed), and that could make a difference. I had brought my European adaptor, but didn't need it.found out the odd little e square (in tbe top picture of the plugs above) is a little flashlight that comes out and has a plug behind it; I don't recall whether it was American or European, because we never needed it. The two by the desk and the ones at the old TV spot were enough, since we bring a little USB extension plug.

• Thanks 1