Live from Rotterdam Dec 3 - 22. Daily mini review

QuattroRomeo

10 hours ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Monday -We had a nice breakfast in CO - omelettes that were nice and hot and the pastries were very good.

Lunch was at Dive In, I had a yummy Back Flip and DH had the Cannonball. With of course fries. Dessert was lemon and mango gelato. Yay that the lemon is there now, we couldn't get it on past cruises. It was delicious!

Went to CO for dinner at 5. Seated right away. I had the grouper with curry- very good, DH had salmon with beer bernaise sauce- also good. Love the emphasis on  seafood now! Dessert was the chocolate whiskey torte and DH had the cheese plate. 

A quick question.  During your CO breakfast are the waiters coming to your table with a tray of pastries or are you having to ask for a specific pastry?

During our Alaska cruise in May on the Koningsdam every morning we were presented with a tray of pastries to make a selection yet in Nov on the Koningsdam we weren't offered the tray and had to request a pastry when we placed on order.

Hello QuattroRomeo, thank you for your posts.  I am getting very excited for my Dec. 29th cruise on the Rotterdam.  Can I ask you a favor?  Can you take a picture of the in suite blow dryer?  I'm trying to figure if I will bring mine or if I can use my diffuser on it.  Thanks

49 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

A quick question.  During your CO breakfast are the waiters coming to your table with a tray of pastries or are you having to ask for a specific pastry?

During our Alaska cruise in May on the Koningsdam every morning we were presented with a tray of pastries to make a selection yet in Nov on the Koningsdam we weren't offered the tray and had to request a pastry when we placed on order.

Brought to the table both mornings so far!

(Seems a little weird to have to know which pastry before you get to "peruse" them! Isn't that half the fun?)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, keeponcruising said:

Hello QuattroRomeo, thank you for your posts.  I am getting very excited for my Dec. 29th cruise on the Rotterdam.  Can I ask you a favor?  Can you take a picture of the in suite blow dryer?  I'm trying to figure if I will bring mine or if I can use my diffuser on it.  Thanks

The black nozzle at the end doesn't come off, but it does swivel.

20231205_101013.jpg

20231205_100045.jpg

20231205_100037.jpg

• Like 2

QR - thanks for bringing us along on the cruise - we are boarding on Jan 14 for 42 days.  In one of your early photos you showed a rack with the tea bags.  In Jan/Feb 2023 on the Rotterdam I remember a large tea bag rack attached to the wall in the aft end of the lido on both sides - is that still there?  In October on the Eurodam they had Bigelow Lemon Lift tea which is my favorite and hoped they would have in on the Rotterdam.  Please keep on reporting.  Wondering who is the current Master of the Vessel (may Timbers) and if you could post what shows are on the World Stage.  Thanks again for your reporting and photos.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, QuattroRomeo said:

The black nozzle at the end doesn't come off, but it does swivel.

20231205_101013.jpg

20231205_100045.jpg

20231205_100037.jpg

Thank you!!, that might work.  I will try my diffuser on a blow dryer with a similar attachment and see if that works.  I really appreciate your quick response!!

1 minute ago, keeponcruising said:

Thank you!!, that might work.  I will try my diffuser on a blow dryer with a similar attachment and see if that works.  I really appreciate your quick response!!

Nope, doesn't work.  I'll have to bring mine or maybe a sock over that one will work.  Anyone with curly hair knows what a blow dryer without the right attachment does to curly hair!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Brought to the table both mornings so far!

(Seems a little weird to have to know which pastry before you get to "peruse" them! Isn't that half the fun?)

It sure is and we missed it in November.  We also quickly learned on our Nov cruise if you wanted tea or coffee with dessert you needed to ask for it when you ordered your meal.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

QR - thanks for bringing us along on the cruise - we are boarding on Jan 14 for 42 days.  In one of your early photos you showed a rack with the tea bags.  In Jan/Feb 2023 on the Rotterdam I remember a large tea bag rack attached to the wall in the aft end of the lido on both sides - is that still there?  In October on the Eurodam they had Bigelow Lemon Lift tea which is my favorite and hoped they would have in on the Rotterdam.  Please keep on reporting.  Wondering who is the current Master of the Vessel (may Timbers) and if you could post what shows are on the World Stage.  Thanks again for your reporting and photos.

20231205_140957.jpg

• Like 1

Last night we went to the show in the theatre. An actual singer! He was quite good- Robert Neary. He does a Neil Diamond tribute show and if you like Neil you will love the show. 730 and 930. The 730 show was packed. Cruise Director had to tell people that were sitting on the stairs or blocking the aisles, to leave and come to the later show. Safety issue. So be there at 700 if you want a seat.

He is supposed to do a different show later this week. Photos are on my other device so will post later along with dailies.

• Like 1

Had a nice CO breakfast this morning, a sea day. Enjoyed the figs, OJ and pancakes. For lunch we went to Pinnacle Grill, not very crowded. Slow service though, not many servers working there. I had my favourite lemongrass seafood soup, and roast beef sandwich with onions and bbq sauce - way too sweet. Pavlova for dessert which was perfect- creamy inside and crunchy outside. DH had salad, cioppino, and sabayon. The waiter also brought out some vanilla ice cream and espresso gelato as a treat. 20231205_100410.heic.heif

20231205_100401.heic.heif 20231205_100226.heic.heif 20231205_100222.heic.heif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keeponcruising said:

Nope, doesn't work.  I'll have to bring mine or maybe a sock over that one will work.  Anyone with curly hair knows what a blow dryer without the right attachment does to curly hair!

I have curly hair and was amazed how smooth the hairdryer on the N. Statendam got my hair!  I never take a hairdryer and just make do with what is on the ship.  I do travel with a hair straightener and large hot curlers.

6 hours ago, forwardho said:

Thank you for posting . We will be on her In June. Would you please post a picture of CO. I wonder if it is different than the Nieuw Statendam?

CO on the Rotterdam is different.  Much larger, and cozy, as compared to the 'Test Kitchen' style of what we had on the N. Statendam.  Looking forward to dining in CO on our Rotterdam cruise in May.

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

I have curly hair and was amazed how smooth the hairdryer on the N. Statendam got my hair!  I never take a hairdryer and just make do with what is on the ship.  I do travel with a hair straightener and large hot curlers.

CO on the Rotterdam is different.  Much larger, and cozy, as compared to the 'Test Kitchen' style of what we had on the N. Statendam.  Looking forward to dining in CO on our Rotterdam cruise in May.

Thank you! And hello Sallie and Vince and we wish you a wonderful holiday.🎄

• Like 1