New Princess app

6 minutes ago, mum and son said:

Hi team,

Ā 

The new Princess app was supposed to be launched December 1st. Has anyone heard anything further? I'm android so not sure whether we're just a bit slow on the uptake.

Ā 

šŸ« 

Ā 

Nothing yet - I am not surprised.

Apple & Android are aligned for updates, as it is confusing enough to have one current version out there.

7 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Is this just an upgrade to their existing ap?

There was some PR that they were replacing it. I believe it is just a serious upgrade. The current version will still work as is for a few months, according to the blurb I read.

12 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Is this just an upgrade to their existing ap?

I read it was a new app and the old app will be obsolete as of end of Jan... but I don't know. In the Google Play Store the current app has a note that says "this is the last update for the app. The app will be replaced" or something along those lines.

We are cruising mid January and so far have held off downloading the app, trying to delay the trauma. Not sure now how long I should wait in the hope of the new app being available but may be wishful thinking that it will be any better.

1 hour ago, valantine80 said:

We are cruising mid January and so far have held off downloading the app, trying to delay the trauma. Not sure now how long I should wait in the hope of the new app being available but may be wishful thinking that it will be any better.

I'm just hoping they'll clean the app up a bit. Remove all the unnecessary bits and moving parts. Just a clean, functional app would suit me. The Carnival app is excellent, and the P&O app is ok too. They seem to have more functionality but a simpler interface.

2 hours ago, mum and son said:

I'm just hoping they'll clean the app up a bit. Remove all the unnecessary bits and moving parts. Just a clean, functional app would suit me. The Carnival app is excellent, and the P&O app is ok too. They seem to have more functionality but a simpler interface.

Menus for food and drink to anywhere on the ship is a fair bit of functionality.

Ā 

Yes, it became bloated with all the covid stuff, remembering that P&O and Carnival both required two apps during that era. Loading small file sizes for avatar and ID photos into the Princess app speeds it up nicely.

Ā 

Carnival requires web login to prebook tours and packages. I need to go to the web login to choose dining type or book a specialty dinner. I like it that medallion has that extra functionality. In time, I think the app (both mobile and PC versions) will totally replace the personaliser, and the need to have two systems to master your booking.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 1:55 PM, mum and son said:

Checking-in via the Carnival app was super easy yesterday, but it wasn't the app. When checking-in, the app redirected me to the mobile website which partly defeats the point of having an app. When arriving at the pier for check-in, I need my printed boarding pass and government ID, and they need to take security photos - so the hub app is purely for use onboard.