Royal's Flex Pay Program has some illogical requirements

Tenderpaw

We have a cruise scheduled on the Icon that we booked with a reduced deposit through the Future Cruise program.  I decided to set up a payment plan of $200/month through Royal's Flex Pay program to pay off the balance, but according to the rules, we can't do that because we didn't pay a "full" deposit of $500.  Since we paid a reduced deposit of $200, we have to pay $300 first, and then we can start making payments.

This is stupid.  Royal is fine with me waiting until the final payment date to pay the balance due, but won't allow me to do the automated payment plan where they would get their money faster.  Yes, i know i can pay every month, but I don't want to think about having to do that.  I also know i could just pay the $300 and then do the payment plan, but now I think i'll wait because the deposit requirement is stupid and illogical.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

And how would you describe giving a corporation your money sooner than necessary?

Point taken, but i wanted to cash flow it and not think about it.  Sure, i could set the money aside monthly, but i didn't want to think about it.  The small amount of "interest" on that cash isn't worth it.