On Board Booking Discount

Host Jazzbeau

I'm thinking of booking a 2026 cruise when I'm on Whisper in January, using the D2D rate.  If I later switch to P2P will I lose the on board 5% discount?

[Why would I plan this?  The Silversea cruise would be a side-to-side following a cruise with a different vendor who hasn't posted their 2016 dates yet.  I can't be sure they will line up with the Silversea start date.  That's why I need the D2D cancellation policy.  Once I know the other cruise lines up, I will be sure of taking the Silversea and can switch to the P2P and save thousands.]

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm thinking of booking a 2016 cruise when I'm on Whisper in January, using the D2D rate.  If I later switch to P2P will I lose the on board 5% discount?

[Why would I plan this?  The Silversea cruise would be a side-to-side following a cruise with a different vendor who hasn't posted their 2016 dates yet.  I can't be sure they will line up with the Silversea start date.  That's why I need the D2D cancellation policy.  Once I know the other cruise lines up, I will be sure of taking the Silversea and can switch to the P2P and save thousands.]

I would think only SS head office / GS would be able to answer this specifically. If its positive, I'd make 100% sure you get it in writing. I've had a couple of verbal assurances get kicked into touch, so insist now. Personally, I think they will tell you your change would remove the discount if it wasn't available at the time of booking.

PS can I borrow your time machine! prices were so much cheaper back then! lol

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mayflower1 said:

Why is it not as simple as contacting Silversea direct for their Policy rather than risking making the wrong decision ?

Because when people come on Cruise Critic and say "the phone rep told me" the answer is always "Cruise line phone reps don't know bupkis."  I was hoping the very knowledgeable and friendly people here might have actual experience about this.

• Like 1

I agree entirely with your view Jazzbeau but unfortunately Booking Conditions do seem to change regularly, especially when Incentives/Discounts are involved. Others experience may not be approriate now and this is what I intended to reflect in my response.

A Knowledgeable Cruise Agent is often helpful in these situations.

I totally agree that Silversea are the Masters of Poor Information but they are the best we have got !!!!

I hope that you resolve your Issues satisfactorily and are able to dove-tail both Cruises.

On 12/6/2023 at 3:42 AM, Mayflower1 said:

A Knowledgeable Cruise Agent is often helpful in these situations.

Yes, if only one knew that the person on the phone was Knowledgeable!

This is the problem I was trying to avoid:

I really do sympathise as everything one tries to do at present seems full of complications - One needs a high degree of fortitude to navigate the Rules ( and changes of Rules !! ) but hopefully you will finally obtain what you want - Good Luck.