Azura suites

miss-heli

10 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Following this logic then , we should have no suites , no cabins with windows  which aren't fair to insiders and one restaurant based on a works canteen 

I disagree with your logic. The speciality restaurants are there for anybody to use, regardless of their cabin grade and can fill up very quickly. Reducing availability for 95% of passengers in favour of the few who choose to have a suite is unfair. An extra restaurant specifically for those in suites would be fairer, just like at breakfast (which uses a speciality restaurant that would otherwise be closed). How easy would it be to find the space for such a restaurant exclusively for the use of suite dwellers I am not sure but that way, existing restaurants would not be affected, in fact it would increase availability for the rest. It would almost certainly increase the price of suites though.

Edited by pete14

On 12/8/2023 at 10:47 PM, Selbourne said:

Good spot. I’d forgotten that the corner aft suites on Azura and Ventura don't have wrap around balconies. Still highly preferable to the midships ones though IMHO. 

Whilst I agree the aft suites are preferable to the midships ones the aft ones have their issues. We're recently back from a 12 night on Ventura, which has the same suite layout as Azura, in aft suite C749. There is a space between this suite and C748 which is filled with an extractor fan from which there is a constant hum, not enough to stop you sleeping but you can hear it all the time in the cabin.

The issue is with the noise you can hear when sitting on the balcony and the regular food smells that come from it, not exactly what you want when trying to relax. It was on constantly except for 15 minutes. Similar located balcony and suite cabins on decks B and A also have fan grills between them so could well have the same issues?

Edited by kenhem

9 minutes ago, kenhem said:

Whilst I agree the aft suites are preferable to the midships ones the aft ones have their issues. We're recently back from a 12 night on Ventura, which has the same suite layout as Azura, in aft suite C749. There is a space between this suite and C748 which is filled with an extractor fan from which there is a constant hum, not enough to stop you sleeping but you can hear it all the time in the cabin.

The issue is with the noise you can hear when sitting on the balcony and the regular food smells that come from it, not exactly what you want when trying to relax. It was on constantly except for 15 minutes. Similar located balcony and suite cabins on decks B and A also have fan grills between them so could well have the same issues?

I don’t disagree. We had an aft suite on Britannia and had multiple problems with it - noise from the Live Lounge 2 decks below, soot on the balcony, rattles from the near constant vibration whilst at sea and plumbing noises from adjacent cabins as the services for them were in a room accessed from within our suite! However we had aft suites on Ventura and Arcadia and had no issues with them at all. It is indeed true that certain cabins can have issues that you don’t appreciate until you are on board. A cabin a couple of decks higher than ours on Britannia wouldn’t have had half the issues we had. 

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

An extra restaurant specifically for those in suites would be fairer,

Don't need an extra restaurant just do as Princess do and have a section of one of the MDRs specifically for suite passengers - on most ships you would only need around 25 tables (Britannia would need considerably more)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, david63 said:

They did last time I was in a suite

I know they used to, just wondered with all the cut backs if they still do. David 63 when was you last in a suite?

3 hours ago, mklions said:

Do suite guests still have a daily turn down service?

We were in a suite on Ventura last May and Aurora in October. On both ships we had nightly turndown apart from the day of embarkation.

There was a turndown service in our suite on Aurora a couple of months ago. I am not too sure why it appears to be so important to you.

Edited by pete14

It’s important to me because I have seen a lot of stealth cut back going on. When you book a suite you pay top dollar for a certain level of enhanced service.
If that service is being diluted then the question comes to mind should I look elsewhere for what I expect for the increased monies paid.

I like to book a suite because of the added perks, breakfast in the Epicurean and a large balcony being the two main reasons.

However recently I have noticed that the daily canapés have now been taken away and only provided on formal nights. The one time take home box of the white company lotions have now been taken out. I could go on.

If they continue to dilute the suite services then maybe it’s time to take my money and look at cruise lines that provide me with a level of service I have been accustomed to in the past with P&O.

5 minutes ago, mklions said:

It’s important to me because I have seen a lot of stealth cut back going on. When you book a suite you pay top dollar for a certain level of enhanced service.
If that service is being diluted then the question comes to mind should I look elsewhere for what I expect for the increased monies paid.

I like to book a suite because of the added perks, breakfast in the Epicurean and a large balcony being the two main reasons.

However recently I have noticed that the daily canapés have now been taken away and only provided on formal nights. The one time take home box of the white company lotions have now been taken out. I could go on.

If they continue to dilute the suite services then maybe it’s time to take my money and look at cruise lines that provide me with a level of service I have been accustomed to in the past with P&O.

The loss of the canapés on most nights we see almost as a bonus. They’re awful, and widely recognised as such! I suspect the number of blocked toilets was the clincher.

For us the only worthwhile perks are the Epicurean and the huge space of some of the aft suites, and whether those justify the price depends very much on what’s being charged at the time of booking. Never been bothered about the branding of the soaps etc - they’re all much the same when the label’s removed!

12 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

The loss of the canapés on most nights we see almost as a bonus. They’re awful, and widely recognised as such! I suspect the number of blocked toilets was the clincher.

For us the only worthwhile perks are the Epicurean and the huge space of some of the aft suites, and whether those justify the price depends very much on what’s being charged at the time of booking. Never been bothered about the branding of the soaps etc - they’re all much the same when the label’s removed!

I understand what you are saying it’s the little stealth things that they think we don’t notice. I agree the canapés are a waste of time and so are maybe  are the upgraded soaps. We used to have a small box of chocolates on arrival, these have now gone, again no big thing but another cut back on the most premium cabins.
Last November the butler ( Ventura) who again I’m not sure we need, informed us that where there were once three of us , now it’s only two Butler’s on the ship, so service via the butler has been diluted.

This information came about having to wait a hour for room service one lunchtime.

Again on Aurora two months ago, we had the small box of chocolates, box of White Company lotions which we brought home and drinkable champagne in the fridge. I agree that the canapés are no loss, probably more as a wastage issue than anything else.